Author Topic: White House ‘willing to adjust’ Israel stance after conversations with Arab Americans  (Read 323 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House ‘willing to adjust’ Israel stance after conversations with Arab Americans
By
Christian Datoc
February 27, 2024 3:43 pm

The White House claimed Tuesday that it was taking recent conversations with Arab American community leaders into consideration and attempting to “adjust” its response to Israel’s war in Gaza.

President Joe Biden has noticeably softened his absolute support for Israel’s offensive in recent months as civilian casualties continue to stack, and administration officials, including the president himself, have shown optimism toward brokering a new, six-week ceasefire in the fighting.

Still, Biden has hemorrhaged support from Arab and Muslim Americans since October, with some Arab Americans saying they will not vote for Biden until a ceasefire is reached. Senior administration officials traveled to Dearborn, Michigan, earlier in February to meet with community leaders ahead of the state’s 2024 Democratic primary on Tuesday.

“We take these conversations very seriously, and without getting into specific details or disclosing some of the things that we’ve been hearing, we are taking them on board,” National Security Council spokesman John Kirby told reporters when asked about those talks during Tuesday’s press briefing. “We are willing to adjust the way we’re approaching the conflict and the way we’re talking about the conflict.”

Earlier in the briefing, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre claimed that Biden “understands” the “deeply painful and personal moment” Arab Americans are going through.

“He cares about what that community is feeling very deeply, and we believe it’s important that they feel that they are able to express themselves and voice their feelings and their concerns,” she continued. “You heard the admiral talk about the hostage deal, the temporary ceasefire. That is why it is so critical and important to get that done.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2890766/white-house-willing-adjust-israel-stance-arab-americans/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Someone polotician once said, never take a side when Jews and Muzzies go at each other.  It's a lose lose prop.  Be like Switzerland and take a hike in the Alps.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DefiantMassRINO

There was a ceasefire on October 6, 2023.  Hamas broke it.

I hope this leads to persistent effort to deconstruct Iran's proxy network, the Revolutionary Guard, Iran's ability to provide arms to Russia, and the Iranian Regime itself.

The Axis of Resistance (Evil) is engaged in an effort to deconstruct the West, and they have the lead.

Russia, Iran, North Korea, and China need to be treated as a actively hostile alliance against the West.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online libertybele

There was a ceasefire on October 6, 2023.  Hamas broke it.

I hope this leads to persistent effort to deconstruct Iran's proxy network, the Revolutionary Guard, Iran's ability to provide arms to Russia, and the Iranian Regime itself.

The Axis of Resistance (Evil) is engaged in an effort to deconstruct the West, and they have the lead.

Russia, Iran, North Korea, and China need to be treated as a actively hostile alliance against the West.

The Axis of Evil = Biden & Company/Soros/Obama
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.