Author Topic: Wendy’s to start rolling out surge pricing with ‘AI-enabled menu changes’  (Read 711 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/other/wendy-s-to-start-rolling-out-surge-pricing-with-ai-enabled-menu-changes/ar-BB1iZCts

Wendy's is planning to roll out dynamic pricing for its fast-food offerings starting as early as next year.

The chain will start testing the new pricing system "in some U.S. restaurants," Wendy's said in a statement to Global News. There are currently no plans to introduce this system in Canada — at least, not yet.

Dynamic pricing, also known as surge pricing, is the practice of setting flexible prices for products and services, meaning the price paid by customers can fluctuate based on market demands. Uber is a high-profile company that famously employs dynamic pricing. During busy times, the price of an Uber car-share ride is generally higher than during lower-traffic periods.

"We are making a significant investment in technology to accelerate our digital business," Wendy's said of the change. "In addition to evolving our loyalty program, one of the other benefits of these investments will be the flexibility to change the menu more easily and to offer discounts and value offers to our customers through innovations such as digital menuboards."

The company says this new policy is aimed at driving sales "during slower parts of the day" and "based on factors such as weather."

EXCERPT
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Wendy's sells low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This burger still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

I predict that this will be a colossal cluster.  They built a brand new Wendy's not to far from us and it's not the food that's bad it's the horrendous service and prices continue to rise. Last visit was so bad that we decided it would be our last trip.

I can go to a Mom & Pop shop a couple blocks over and get better food and better service for about the same price.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Why the hell would I go to an establishment where the prices can change between the time I enter the line and the time I order my meal?

Damn Pirate Equity, Vulture Capital MBA bean counters.

Food and retail are experiential.  Worsening the customer experience is a bad business plan.  Also, it could run afoul local and state consumer protection and preadatory pricing laws.

With rising wages, neighborhood locations are less viable than locations at the intersection of Interstate Highways.

Rising wages needs increased volume to restore wage-price equilibrium to the Fast Food Franchise business model.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
Dave Thomas rolling over in his grave?!?

https://www.davethomasfoundation.org/about-us/

The Wendy's in our neck of the woods is OK...about on par food-wise with Jack-in-the-Box, better than McD's, not as fresh/good as In-N-Out. (The local Burger King franchisee sucks, out of town BK's are better).

Offline LMAO

I haven’t eaten a fast food burger, probably for the last two decades

We have a  burger place locally here in Superior called Gronks that makes really good burgers

But when you order a beer, do not push in that tab on the bottom of your glass. They don’t pour from the top of the glass they pour it from the bottom and I found out the hard way one year
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy