Author Topic: George Takei Worries GOP Will Use Laken Riley’s Murder to Justify Internment Camps: ‘Never Again’  (Read 770 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
George Takei Worries GOP Will Use Laken Riley’s Murder to Justify Internment Camps: ‘Never Again’
David Ng 27 Feb 2024

Star Trek actor George Takei has claimed that Republican politicians will use the murder of Laken Riley as justification to create internment camps for illegals like those for Japanese-Americans during World War II.

“Never again,” an indignant Takei wrote in a recent X post.

George Takei was responding to a post from House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA), who blasted the Biden administration for allowing several million illegal aliens to cross the border. Johnson’s post noted that an illegal alien who entered the U.S. under Biden has been arrested for the murder of 22-year-old Augusta University nursing student Laken Riley.

In his reply, Takei bizarrely equated Johnson with men who “smeared my community during World War II by preying upon people’s fears of others who don’t look like them.”

The actor failed to note that during World War II, it was the Democrat administration of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, not Republicans, who oversaw the internment of Japanese Americans.

https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/status/1761533784610984368

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2024/02/27/george-takei-worries-gop-will-use-laken-rileys-murder-to-justify-internment-camps-never-again/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Bill Shatner is right about Sulu...he's nut.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Someone probably told him that gays and trans and other alphabets are next, after the illegals, because straight whites are trying to 'genocide' them.

Whatever, we also had internment camps for prisoners of war. It was justified then, and in this case would be as well. Call them 'holding facilities' for amassing plane/ship loads to their countries of origin.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

If you look at this idiot's Twitter account, he's even pinned his own tweet acknowledging that it was FDR who imposed the internment camps on his people. It's quite a stretch to accuse Republicans of trying to do it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline cato potatoe

George should use his star power to pressure the Japanese government into allowing millions of immigrants (especially those from China). 

Offline berdie

Is an internment camp like prison? Sort of like where we send murderers?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Our Party does not do that, but the Dems put George's ass in an interment camp, personally.  If ever there was obvious projecting.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Is an internment camp like prison? Sort of like where we send murderers?

Depends.  Better camps would require fabrication of small villages in gated communities.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Sulu was a rump ranger who had the habit of sticking his Jeffries Tube where it shouldn't be. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

He's worried that Republicans will do what Democrats have already done?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online rustynail

How would he 'never again'?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Trump wants internment camps, not most Republicans.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Trump wants internment camps,

I can't stand Tump either, but that's absurd.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Trump wants internment camps, not most Republicans.

Can you locate a quote of Trump saying that?  That seems rather extreme.  I trust you are not just imputing that.
I will NOT comply.

Online rustynail

"The report was based on interviews with several advisers, including Stephen Miller, who oversaw Trump's first-term immigration policies, the Times said."

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-plans-sweeping-undocumented-immigrant-roundups-detention-camps-report-2023-11-11/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"The report was based on interviews with several advisers, including Stephen Miller, who oversaw Trump's first-term immigration policies, the Times said."

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-plans-sweeping-undocumented-immigrant-roundups-detention-camps-report-2023-11-11/

So he was never quoted as saying it?  Sorry, I don't care for hearsay reported by Reuters.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I stand corrected.  Trump's Project 2025 henchmen want the detention camps.  Trump has never been quoted explicitly supporting detention camps.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2023/12/20/trump-deportations-illegal-aliens/
Did Trump Call for Mass Detention and Deportation of Undocumented Immigrants?
The former president gave an incendiary speech at a December 2023 campaign rally in Nevada.

Nur Ibrahim
Published Dec 20, 2023

... In sum, in December 2023 speeches, Trump did call for mass deportations and emphasized that such migrants come from all over the world, using rhetoric that echoed past speeches. Furthermore, reporting confirms that there are indeed plans for a future Trump administration to build huge detention camps to hold migrants.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.