Author Topic: 2nd Dem faces recall effort in crime-ridden city after business owner endures violent robberies  (Read 192 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
2nd Dem faces recall effort in crime-ridden city after business owner endures violent robberies

DC business owner launches recall effort against Democratic councilmember, says violent crime has 'shattered lives,' 'eroded trust'
Megan Myers By Megan Myers Fox News
Published February 26, 2024 2:30pm EST

Blue city's rampant violence led this D.C. resident to flee the crime-ridden capital
A former Washington, D.C. resident moved in May 2022 to escape the city's rampant violent crime, high cost of living and strict COVID-19 restrictions.

Concerned Washington, D.C. residents and small business owners have banded together to oust a Democratic councilmember during an ongoing crime surge, marking the second recall effort launch in the district in months.

The recall effort against Councilmember Brianne Nadeau launched Tuesday over her relaxed criminal justice reform policies as the district grapples with skyrocketing crime in recent years, leaving some business owners in turmoil and many residents feeling unsafe. The announcement echoed a push to remove fellow Councilmember Charles Allen, which has attracted support from Democratic political fundraisers and congressional staffers who have helped raise over $56,000 for the campaign.

"The historic rise in crime is not just mere numbers; they represent shattered lives, eroded trust, and a community living in fear," the Nadeau recall effort's chairwoman, Diana Alvarez, said last week.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2nd-dem-faces-recall-effort-crime-ridden-city-business-owner-endures-violent-robberies
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson