Author Topic: A poll out of New York indicates a seismic shift in the Jewish vote  (Read 754 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
February 25, 2024
A poll out of New York indicates a seismic shift in the Jewish vote
By Andrea Widburg

For almost a century, there has been one constant in American politics: Jews vote for Democrats. There are multiple reasons for this fact but, regardless of the reason, the one thing Democrats could rely on was the Jewish vote. However, the Biden administration’s increasingly open hostility to Israel may be changing that pattern. One poll out of New York shows something remarkable: More than 50% of New York’s Jews plan to vote for Donald Trump!

When Eastern European Jews came to America, they were escaping tsarist oppression. For them, the opposite of tsarism was Marxism. This binary viewpoint wasn’t unique to them. In pre-WWII England, a lot of the British upper class did the opposite, siding with fascism because they believed it was the only bulwark against communism. Except for people like Oswald Mosley and his wife, Diana Mitford, and the latter’s brother, Tom, and sister, Unity, most Brits quickly recovered from this delusion once WWII started.

In America, though, by the 1930s, Jews had made the same journey that blacks did, finding what they thought was their permanent political home with the Democrats. The Republican party was seen as the party of antisemitism and, especially after WWII, Democrats played on that visceral fear.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/02/a_poll_out_of_new_york_indicates_a_seismic_shift_in_the_jewish_vote.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: A poll out of New York indicates a seismic shift in the Jewish vote
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 04:06:58 pm »
I don't buy it. 

The Jewish folks are highly principled, and even with this short term anger, I expect them to return to the fold.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: A poll out of New York indicates a seismic shift in the Jewish vote
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 04:48:39 pm »
I don't buy it either.... a swing of 10% at most but probable still over 70% for Biden.

Seems the poll was by Steve Greenberg (hmmmm) who has long ties with democrats in the past (but works with republicans of course).

https://www.greenbergresearch.com/

Link to PDF of poll (last page info had poll info of sample size and Greenberg's name)

https://scri.siena.edu/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/SNY0224-Crosstabs.pdf

Little over 800 people polled (half via telephone, other though some group of probable professional poll takers for money)..... but Jews were only a section of those polled ... Cath Prot Jewish, and Other were among polled... so could be only a few Jewish made up the numbers in this report.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 05:00:30 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....