Author Topic: War in Ukraine is showing US Army soldiers what they'll need to worry about in future fights, genera  (Read 166 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

War in Ukraine is showing US Army soldiers what they'll need to worry about in future fights, generals say
Story by cpanella@businessinsider.com (Chris Panella) • 4h

US Army generals are taking notes on the war in Ukraine and what's critical for future fighting.

Key takeaways include the impacts of drones, jamming, reconnaissance, and what's needed in close
 and far fights.

The implications of new capabilities are profound "for all forces," USARPAC's commander said.

The war in Ukraine, the largest land war in Europe since World War II, has been eye-opening for the US military, showing it what kind of threats could be in store in its next major conflict.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/war-in-ukraine-is-showing-us-army-soldiers-what-they-ll-need-to-worry-about-in-future-fights-generals-say/ar-BB1iXN2v?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=99b609cebba64a66bf5f7d9375d7c9d4&ei=38
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I really hope this isn't the thinking of military planners.  The next war will be what it is, not what Ukraine is. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Wars are becoming exercises in coordinated asymetrical warfare across many fronts - cyber, economic, agricultural, industrial, political, social, small unit tactics, and large unit tactics.

Dropping bombs is a great start, but a good Trojan Horse would be better - destroy the enemy from within.

Oceans are no longer the moats they used to be.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.