Author Topic: Iran orders proxy groups to lay off attacks on US military in Iraq, Syria  (Read 130 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Iran orders proxy groups to lay off attacks on US military in Iraq, Syria
Story by Anders Hagstrom • 2h

Iranian officials have called on the proxy terrorist groups they support throughout the Middle East to tone down attacks on the U.S. for fear of a more direct conflict with the American military.

Iran began the drawback following the U.S. response to an attack that killed three U.S. soldiers operating at a base in Jordan earlier this month. Since the U.S. retaliated with a wave of strikes, there have been no Iran-backed attacks on U.S. forces in Iraq and just two in Syria, according to the New York Times.

In comparison, the U.S. weathered well over 100 attacks between mid-October and the beginning of February.

"They are scared of direct confrontation with the U.S., they know that if Americans are killed again it would mean war," Sina Azodi, an Iran security expert at George Washington University, told the Times. "They had to put the brakes on the militia and convince them that a war with the U.S. could harm Tehran first and then by extension the entire axis."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/iran-orders-proxy-groups-to-lay-off-attacks-on-us-military-in-iraq-syria/ar-BB1iXIp5
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson