Author Topic: Opinion: President Biden, don’t allow DC’s crime problem to become Democrats’ problem in 2024  (Read 272 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Opinion: President Biden, don’t allow DC’s crime problem to become Democrats’ problem in 2024
© Provided by The Hill
Washington, D.C., has a crime problem. 

As a report in Vox put it last month, in 2023, “DC saw its deadliest year in more than two decades, with 274 people killed and a homicide rate that makes it among the deadliest cities in the country.” While violent crime has plunged elsewhere, according to Vox, it “spiked nearly 40 percent in the nation’s capital.”

And if Donald Trump has his way, Washington, D.C.’s crime problem will become a political problem for Democrats in 2024. He intends to use it, along with the problem of migration along the nation’s southern border, to portray them as soft on crime, and indifferent to the suffering it inflicts on ordinary Americans.

Earlier this month, Trump promised that if he is returned to the White House, he will undertake a “federal takeover of this filthy and crime-ridden embarrassment to our nation.”
As NBC News reports, “Trump repeatedly promised to essentially occupy the capital with federal troops, a tactic he flirted with during the height of the 2020 Black Lives Matter protests in his final year in office, telling a conservative audience last year, ‘I will send in the National Guard until law and order is restored’ and that he ‘wouldn’t even call the mayor.’”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/opinion-president-biden-don-t-allow-dc-s-crime-problem-to-become-democrats-problem-in-2024/ar-BB1iUX32?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=e949068d76ac4546ad1b9b401fb773e0&ei=49
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"don’t allow DC’s crime problem to become Democrats’ problem in 2024..."

??????
It already IS.
(...and has been so for many years)