Author Topic: Dem Rep. Porter on GA Student Slaying: ‘The Important Thing’ Is ‘Any One Instance Shouldn’t Shape’ O  (Read 672 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem Rep. Porter on GA Student Slaying: ‘The Important Thing’ Is ‘Any One Instance Shouldn’t Shape’ Overall Policy

Ian Hanchett 26 Feb 2024

On Monday’s broadcast of CNN’s “OutFront,” U.S. Senate candidate Rep. Katie Porter (D-CA) stated that while the death of Laken Riley “is tragic and it’s a loss and it’s important to acknowledge that,” “the important thing to focus on is any one instance shouldn’t shape our overall immigration policy, which has so many different facets, including economic choices about what workers to allow in, how to create prosperity in America.”

Host Erin Burnett said, “We can all agree this is a horrible, horrible thing that happened. It shouldn’t have happened, but it did.” After reading from the words of 2024 Republican presidential candidate former President Donald Trump about the case, Burnett asked, “I know that you may not choose the same words, but do you share his outrage?”

Porter answered, “Well, I think when a horrible tragedy like this happens, I think whenever we’re dealing with violent crime, there is a sense of outrage, of sadness, and of loss. But I think the important thing to focus on is any one instance shouldn’t shape our overall immigration policy, which has so many different facets, including economic choices about what workers to allow in, how to create prosperity in America. So, the situation is tragic and it’s a loss and it’s important to acknowledge that, but also to recognize all the other — how all the other parts of immigration policy fit together.”

Later, after the discussion turned to President Joe Biden taking executive action on the border, Porter stated that executive action “is really important. It’s the only way that we’ve been able to make any progress at addressing immigration at all. But I think we’ve seen, under Title 42 and some other policies, that efforts to simply ‘close’ the border [are] not really solving the longer-term problem, which is that we have not put the resources or the policies at the border. So, we have all different kinds of chaos and challenges, from not having enough immigration judges, to not investing in technology that can help us screen for fentanyl, which I have voted for, but we need to do more on recognizing that we haven’t kept our promise to DREAMers. All of these things come together to create the kinds of chaotic immigration policies we see.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/02/26/dem-rep-porter-on-ga-student-slaying-the-important-thing-is-any-one-instance-shouldnt-shape-overall-policy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
My response to her on X

There have been more than one instance you dolt!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Watch–Mo Brooks: Democrats ‘Aiding and Abetting’ 2K Illegal Alien Killings Every Year

JOHN BINDER  |  15 Jan 2019

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) says Democrats have “aided and abetted” the deaths of about 2,000 Americans every year at the hands of illegal aliens due to their support for open borders and mass illegal immigration.

In a speech on the House floor on Tuesday, Brooks highlighted just a few of the stories of American citizens who have been killed by illegal aliens:  .  .  .

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/15/watch-mo-brooks-democrats-aiding-and-abetting-2k-illegal-alien-killings-every-year/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

In Memoriam: 14 Americans, Legal Immigrants Among Those Allegedly Killed by Illegal Aliens in 2023

JOHN BINDER  •  26 Dec 2023

Every year, an estimated 2,000 Americans are killed by illegal aliens. In 2023, Breitbart News reported on several cases in which illegal aliens are accused of killing American citizens, as well as legal immigrants – many including young children.

Below, Breitbart News details the cases of 14 Americans and legal immigrants who were allegedly killed by illegal aliens this year.

AIDEN CLARK, 11 YEARS OLD

In August, 35-year-old illegal alien Hermanio Joseph of Haiti was driving a Honda Odyssey minivan when he hit a Northwestern Local Schools bus that was full of children in Clark County, Ohio.

The bus, as a result of the crash, flipped, and 11-year-old Aiden Clark was ejected. That day marked the first day of school for Aiden. Joseph is set to face trial for Aiden’s death sometime in 2024.

Joseph is a citizen of Haiti and arrived at the United States-Mexico border in August 2022. From there, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) issued Joseph a Notice to Appear (NTA) in federal immigration court and released him into the U.S. interior, where he ultimately ended up in Ohio.

St. Johns County Sgt. Michael Kunovich, 52 Years Old

In May, 18-year-old illegal alien Virjilio Aguilar-Mendez of Guatemala allegedly caused St. Johns County, Florida, Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Michael Kunovich’s death after a struggle between the two that was the result of Aguilar-Mendez not cooperating, police allege.

Following the struggle with Aguilar-Mendez, Kunovich collapsed to the ground. First responders administered lifesaving measures, but he was pronounced dead after being rushed to a nearby hospital.

Kunovich leaves behind two sons and his wife, among others.

Aguilar-Mendez arrived at the U.S.-Mexico border last year and was subsequently released into the United States. According to his attorney, Aguilar-Mendez had been working on a farm and sending money back to Guatemala.

Lizbeth Medina, 16 Years Old

This month, 16-year-old Lizbeth Medina was supposed to perform in a local Christmas parade with her cheer squad at Edna High School but did not show up. She was later found dead in the bathtub of her home by her mother, Jacqueline Medina.

Police have accused 23-year-old illegal alien Rafael Govea Romero of murdering Lizbeth.  .  .

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/12/26/in-memoriam-14-americans-legal-immigrants-among-those-allegedly-killed-by-illegal-aliens-in-2023/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

Batgirl-Wannabe sez wut? "One instance"?

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Hmmmm...I seem to remember that the argument was that all these illegal aliens were "refugees" and "asylum seekers," escaping from violence and dire threats to their lives.  But now that pretense has all but been abandoned....
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online DefiantMassRINO

Secure the F'ing Border yesterday!

If a Government is unwilling to protect its own citizens, maybe that Government doesn't deserve to exist.

Why do Dems put Americans last?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online cato potatoe

This hag is running for the open senate seat (not happening) and so the 47th district may have a sane representative next year.

Online DefiantMassRINO

I'd like to see Rep. Katie Porter (D-CA) try to say that to family and loved ones at the wake and funeral.

Libs minimize the pain and suffering of Americans at the hands of illegal migrants because they love Open Borders more than they love their own citizens.

Katie, wait until it happens to someone you love.  A Liberal is someone who has never been mugged.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.