Author Topic: Rep. Mark Green reconsidering decision to retire  (Read 235 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rep. Mark Green reconsidering decision to retire
« on: February 26, 2024, 09:25:44 pm »
 Rep. Mark Green reconsidering decision to retire
by Sarah Fortinsky - 02/26/24 3:02 PM ET

House Homeland Security Committee Chair Mark Green (R-Tenn.) is “seriously reconsidering” his decision to retire, less than two weeks after announcing he would not seek reelection to Congress, he confirmed to The Hill.

Green announced his decision to retire on Feb. 14, after he led the successful effort to impeach Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas. The articles of impeachment passed on their second attempt with just one vote to spare, making Mayorkas the first Cabinet official in nearly 150 years to be impeached.

In announcing his decision to retire, Green said he wanted to “go out with a win.”

“I’ve accomplished what I wanted to do. I wanted to get a great border security bill done. We did that, and I wanted to hold the administration accountable, and we just impeached for the first time a sitting Cabinet secretary,” Green told reporters outside the Capitol at the time.

“I’ve learned being here that the fight isn’t in Washington. I think the fight is with Washington,” Green said.

Punchbowl News was the first to report he was reconsidering his decision.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4489841-rep-mark-green-reconsidering-decision-to-retire/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: Rep. Mark Green reconsidering decision to retire
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 10:59:56 pm »
Either somebody's twisting his arm or else his cushy K-Street job fell through.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus