Author Topic: US, UK hit Houthi sites in Yemen in fourth round of strikes  (Read 128 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US, UK hit Houthi sites in Yemen in fourth round of strikes
« on: February 26, 2024, 03:39:21 pm »
US, UK hit Houthi sites in Yemen in fourth round of strikes
The attacks come after Houthi missiles damaged a commercial ship, leaving an oil spill in the waters off of Yemen.

BY NICHOLAS SLAYTON | PUBLISHED FEB 25, 2024 3:21 PM EST

American and British forces struck 18 targets across eight locations in Yemen, the fourth large-scale bombing of Houthi-controlled areas in the last two months.

The strikes, which occurred just before midnight local time on Saturday, Feb. 24, hit targets including one-way attack drones, radars, air defense systems and a helicopter, according to U.S. Central Command. The operation also hit multiple underground weapons storage facilities as well as above ground missile storage sites. CENTCOM did not release any information about casualties in the strike, and so far the Houthi movement has not said if anyone or how many were wounded or killed in the strikes.

CENTCOM did not say how many U.S. fighter jets were used in the operation, although the United Kingdom’s Ministry of Defence said that four Royal Air Force Typhoon FGR4s were used to hit two of the eight sites. The fighter jets hit “long-range drones” that were guarded by anti-air systems. The series of strikes came after a Houthi missile hit a commercial vessel, spilling oil into the Red Sea and prompting concerns over a major ecological disaster, which CENTCOM cited in its statement on the operation.

“These strikes from this multilateral coalition targeted areas used by the Houthis to attack international merchant vessels and naval ships in the region. Illegal Houthi attacks have disrupted humanitarian aid bound for Yemen, harmed Middle Eastern economies, and caused environmental damage,” the statement read in part.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/us-uk-strikes-yemen-houthis-rubymar-oil-spill/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson