Author Topic: Jaw-dropping ICE data: Only 834 Venezuelan nationals were deported in fiscal year 2023.  (Read 262 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

See new posts
Conversation
Bill Melugin
@BillMelugin_
Jaw-dropping ICE data: Only 834 Venezuelan nationals were deported in fiscal year 2023.

Context: There were approx 335,000 Venezuelan nationals encountered in fiscal year 2023. Just over 201,000 of them were apprehended by Border Patrol after crossing illegally. The rest were encountered at ports of entry, which would include CBP One app paroles into the U.S.

Venezuela is another uncooperative country - Biden admin made some progress getting them to agree to some removal flights late last year, but those flights stopped in recent weeks.

Biden also redesignated Temporary Protected Status for Venezuelans who arrived before July 31, 2023 - shielding around 470,000 of them from deportation.

Essentially, less than a drop in the bucket of Venezuelans are being removed.
8:42 PM · Feb 22, 2024
·
 Views

https://twitter.com/BillMelugin_/status/1760842594706432258
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Now that Venezuela is refusing to take their people back, the US owns all their problems and criminals lock, stock, and barrel, :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson