Author Topic: RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel announces her resignation  (Read 595 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel announces her resignation
« on: February 26, 2024, 11:56:20 am »
2024 ELECTION

By Allan Smith and Megan Lebowitz
WASHINGTON — Ronna McDaniel said Monday that she will step down next month as chairwoman of the Republican National Committee following former President Donald Trump's endorsement of a new slate of leaders to direct the party.

McDaniel's decision followed Saturday's South Carolina primary and came less than two weeks after Trump endorsed North Carolina GOP chairman Michael Whatley to be the next chairman of the RNC, his daughter-in-law Lara Trump to be co-chair and top campaign aide Chris LaCivita to be the party’s chief operating officer.

McDaniel's decision was first reported by The New York Times.

In a statement, McDaniel said it had been an "honor and privilege" to serve as chairwoman for seven years.

“Some of my proudest accomplishments include firing Nancy Pelosi, winning the popular vote in 2022, creating an Election Integrity Department, building the committee’s first small dollar grassroots donor program, strengthening our state parties through our Growing Republican Organizations to Win program, expanding the Party through minority outreach at our community centers, and launching Bank Your Vote to get Republicans to commit to voting early," she said.

“I have decided to step aside at our Spring Training on March 8 in Houston to allow our nominee to select a Chair of their choosing," she added. "The RNC has historically undergone change once we have a nominee and it has always been my intention to honor that tradition."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/rnc-chair-ronna-mcdaniel-resignation-rcna137347
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 12:36:25 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Re: RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel announces her resignation
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 01:37:29 pm »
Ronna McDaniel officially announces her resignation as RNC chair
By Social Links for Nika Shakhnazarova and
Social Links for Melissa Koenig
Published Feb. 26, 2024
Updated Feb. 26, 2024, 7:46 a.m. ET

Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel announced Monday that she will step down in less than two weeks following mounting criticism over her leadership..

McDaniel, 50, said she plans to resign on March 8 — just days before the Super Tuesday primaries, when Republican voters in several delegate-rich states can vote on their party’s presidential nominee.

Her announcement followed weeks of speculation and a week after former President Donald Trump — the party’s clear frontrunner for the 2024 presidential election and the man who picked her for the job — said it was time for her to do so. ... NY Post

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 03:54:09 pm »
It may be to late for this year, but maybe the Pubs can get someone who will pursue election reform. Also, they should employ a law firm to work exclusively for the Pubs so they can pursue reforms in the States, just like the Rats have done.

The old country club establishment loyalists have to take a backseat!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 09:03:10 pm »
It may be to late for this year, but maybe the Pubs can get someone who will pursue election reform. Also, they should employ a law firm to work exclusively for the Pubs so they can pursue reforms in the States, just like the Rats have done.

The old country club establishment loyalists have to take a backseat!
Nah, it'll likely be the Trump machine. I mean, Lara is already in line for vice chair, and his communications director LaCivita is in line for COO. He's turning the party into his own personal piggybank, ironic given how little money it has.

It'll end up being the Trump National Committee before long.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 11:34:04 pm »
I say, put Vivek Ramaswamy into the position for the rest of the year.

Yes, he talks a good talk, so...  give him a job where he has to "walk the walk" and prove himself.

Actually I think he'd do just fine.

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2024, 04:47:59 pm »
I say, put Vivek Ramaswamy into the position for the rest of the year.

Yes, he talks a good talk, so...  give him a job where he has to "walk the walk" and prove himself.

Actually I think he'd do just fine.

Great idea!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2024, 05:15:07 pm »
Trump will want to pilfer Vivek Ramaswamy's wallet.

Trump will start to measure "loyalty" in terms of "donated" dollars.  Those who are most effective at providing Trump with new revenue streams will be his choices for Cabinet positions.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.