Author Topic: Attacks against churches doubled in 2023, report warns: 'Growing disdain for Christianity'  (Read 1029 times)

Offline libertybele

Attacks against churches doubled in 2023, report warns: 'Growing disdain for Christianity'

Anti-Christian hatred is accelerating in the United States, according to a Christian nonprofit that has tracked violence against U.S. churches since 2018.

The Washington, D.C.-based Family Research Council (FRC) released its annual Hostility Against Churches report last week, finding there were 436 hostile incidents against churches in 2023. This is more than double the number tracked in 2022 and more than eight times as many as the group found in 2018.

The group said it used publicly available data to track 915 acts of hostility against churches over the past six years. Most of the incidents were acts of vandalism. The report also found gun-related incidents, arson and bomb threats used against churches.

"From January 2018 to November 2023, there were at least 709 occurrences of vandalism, 135 arson attacks or attempts, 22 gun-related incidents, 32 bomb threats, and 61 other incidents (assault, threats, interruption of worship services, etc.). In 39 cases, multiple types of hostility occurred (e.g., vandalism and arson)," the report states................

https://www.foxnews.com/media/attacks-churches-doubled-2023-report-warns-growing-disdain-christianity
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
A "Growing Disdain"? Gosh I wonder where that is coming from? Maybe democraps? They have been attacking Christianity and core family values ever since Bubba and Shrillary were in the White House. Of course they only attack Christianity...that's safe for them to promote their perverted agenda, they don't dare attack the moslems even though they are just as if not more against the perverted lifestyle that's being pushed because they are afraid the moslems will them.

Offline libertybele

A "Growing Disdain"? Gosh I wonder where that is coming from? Maybe democraps? They have been attacking Christianity and core family values ever since Bubba and Shrillary were in the White House. Of course they only attack Christianity...that's safe for them to promote their perverted agenda, they don't dare attack the moslems even though they are just as if not more against the perverted lifestyle that's being pushed because they are afraid the moslems will them.

I would say that it is also coming from militants, Hamas, Islamic terrorists, etc., that are flowing freely through our borders.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

I would suspect that attacks on synagogues have doubled as well.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

Probably not the best time for Ed Markey to introduce legislation to outlaw armed church security teams.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Probably not the best time for Ed Markey to introduce legislation to outlaw armed church security teams.
What business is it of anyone but the congregation if a church has armed security made up of qualified members of the congregation? Might I suggest that Markey divest himself of all armed security first to show that he is willing to walk the walk? But we know he will never do that, because he is of the entitled class.

Offline mountaineer

Read all about it: https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,523331.0.html

We've had some informal discussion in our church security team about the legislation. We figure we'll have to act like each of us is acting independently and not part of an organized, trained entity. "Oh, really, you've individually and wholly independently of our church been trained by a police officer in shooting and security techniques, and regularly go to the range to practice your skills? What a coincidence, me too!"

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org