Author Topic: Majority of Democrats say parents should not be able to opt kids out of learning about LGBTQ issues  (Read 845 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Majority of Democrats say parents should not be able to opt kids out of learning about LGBTQ issues in schools

A slim majority of Democrats are opposed to letting parents opt their children out of LGBTQ lessons in school, a new Pew Research Center survey finds.

While 54% of U.S. adults at large say parents should be allowed to remove children from lessons on "sexual orientation or gender identity" if the ways these lessons are taught conflicts with their personal views, 51% of Democrats oppose the idea.

Republicans are far more likely to approve the opt-out of LGBTQ lessons. The survey found 79% of Republicans and 32% of Democrats believed parents should have the option.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/majority-of-democrats-say-parents-should-not-be-able-to-opt-kids-out-of-learning-about-lgbtq-issues-in-schools/ar-BB1iQHQa?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=407dfb6493e040b88904caf198084d6e&ei=124
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online LMAO

Parents, cops, enlisted military personnel….

All enemies in the eyes of the Democrat Party
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Parents, cops, enlisted military personnel….

All enemies in the eyes of the Democrat Party
Don't forget sane people.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

Majority of Democrats want to control other peoples' lives.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-