Author Topic: California Dem Proposes 600% Minimum Wage Hike  (Read 248 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California Dem Proposes 600% Minimum Wage Hike
« on: February 25, 2024, 04:08:22 pm »

California Dem Proposes 600% Minimum Wage Hike
© Provided by State Of The Union
California Democrat Congresswoman Barbara Lee advocated for a $50 minimum wage, citing the high cost of living in areas such as the Bay Area.

She argued that current wages are insufficient for families to survive.

“In the Bay Area, I believe it was the United Way … came out with a report that very recently $127,000 for a family of four is just barely enough to get by,” Lee said.

“Just do the math. Of course, we have national minimum wages that we need to raise to a living wage,” Lee added. “We’re talking about $20, $25 — fine. But I have got to be focused on what California needs and what the affordability factor is when we calculate this wage,” she said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/california-dem-proposes-600-minimum-wage-hike/ar-BB1iPBsO?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=407dfb6493e040b88904caf198084d6e&ei=108
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: California Dem Proposes 600% Minimum Wage Hike
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 04:09:32 pm »
Democrats certainly are skilled at stupidity and how to destroy an economy! 10631
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson