Author Topic: More than 70 per cent of transgender prisoners are in for sex offences or violent crimes  (Read 210 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More than 70 per cent of transgender prisoners are in for sex offences or violent crimes
Story by Sean Rayment • 21h

At least 181 of the 244 transgender inmates, more than 74 per cent, are in jail for crimes including rape, forcing under-age children into having sex, grievous bodily harm and robbery, say government figures - PAUL COOPER/PAUL COOPER

More than 70 per cent of transgender prisoners in British jails are serving sentences for sex offences and violent crimes, government figures have revealed.

At least 181 of the 244 transgender inmates, more than 74 per cent, are in jail for crimes including rape, forcing under-age children into having sex, grievous bodily harm and robbery.

Up to 144 transgender women, men who identify as females, are housed in male prisons while five are currently imprisoned in female jails - including at least one top-security institution where murderers and terrorists are being detained.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/more-than-70-per-cent-of-transgender-prisoners-are-in-for-sex-offences-or-violent-crimes/ar-BB1iP25X?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=407dfb6493e040b88904caf198084d6e&ei=72
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson