Author Topic: US launches new strikes on Houthi fighters in Yemen amid continued Middle East unrest  (Read 719 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US launches new strikes on Houthi fighters in Yemen amid continued Middle East unrest
3h

A coalition of countries led by the U.S. and U.K. on Saturday carried out a new round of strikes on the Houthis in Yemen "in response to the Houthis' continued attacks against commercial and naval vessels" in and around the Red Sea, officials said.

According to a joint statement from the eight countries involved, the strikes were against 18 targets, including those related to "underground weapons storage facilities, missile storage facilities, one-way attack unmanned aerial systems, air defense systems, radars, and a helicopter."

"These precision strikes are intended to disrupt and degrade the capabilities that the Houthis use to threaten global trade, naval vessels, and the lives of innocent mariners in one of the world’s most critical waterways," the joint statement reads.

It continues: "The Houthis' now more than 45 attacks on commercial and naval vessels since mid-November constitute a threat to the global economy, as well as regional security and stability, and demand an international response."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-launches-new-strikes-on-houthi-fighters-in-yemen-amid-continued-middle-east-unrest/ar-BB1iPCOl?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=035463f86b2a437bf3035484e7049aa9&ei=71
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It's not the "Houthi fighters" we should be going after in Yemen.

It's the Houthi LEADERS who command the fighters who should be targeted and killed.
Cut the snake's head off...

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It's not the "Houthi fighters" we should be going after in Yemen.

It's the Houthi LEADERS who command the fighters who should be targeted and killed.
Cut the snake's head off...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnD-wAxRYwU&ab_channel=USMC

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
GTHawk  --

I skimmed through the entire video you posted above.

I will assume the vessels nearby the cruise ship are Houthi gunboats.

And I'll ask a question:
Why... at the end of this video... are all the boats still afloat?

I saw NOTHING that appeared to be a solid death blow to any of those vessels.

If anything, these "hits" -- apparently smallish rockets fired from the helicopters we see flying in the video (U.S., I would supposed) are intended to be "baby slaps" and not much more.

Why didn't they send in a sub or jet with REAL torpedos and/or bombs to deliver a "World War II" style blow to those enemy vessels?

This was all pretty much for show, i.e., we're slapping you, but letting you get away.

That cruise ship should have disappeared under one or two Arizona-style bombs.

But again... at the end of the video, it's still floating straight on the water with a little smoke coming out.

The United States isn't going to win any "war" with the Houthis this way.

I challenge any and all members of this forum with military experience to refute what I've posted above.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
GTHawk  --

I skimmed through the entire video you posted above.

I will assume the vessels nearby the cruise ship are Houthi gunboats.

And I'll ask a question:
Why... at the end of this video... are all the boats still afloat?

I saw NOTHING that appeared to be a solid death blow to any of those vessels.

If anything, these "hits" -- apparently smallish rockets fired from the helicopters we see flying in the video (U.S., I would supposed) are intended to be "baby slaps" and not much more.

Why didn't they send in a sub or jet with REAL torpedos and/or bombs to deliver a "World War II" style blow to those enemy vessels?

This was all pretty much for show, i.e., we're slapping you, but letting you get away.

That cruise ship should have disappeared under one or two Arizona-style bombs.

But again... at the end of the video, it's still floating straight on the water with a little smoke coming out.

The United States isn't going to win any "war" with the Houthis this way.

I challenge any and all members of this forum with military experience to refute what I've posted above.
Well I confess I didn't watch it, I just remembered it from being in a group of other videos with the Houthis being reamed. I should have watched it so I didn't end up like others posting things that don't actually show what the title says. Oh well, fool me once shame on me, I will endeavor not to be fooled again.