Author Topic: ‘Absurd’ NYC Council bill would let street vendors hawk in middle of sidewalks: ‘Radical change’  (Read 676 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

‘Absurd’ NYC Council bill would let street vendors hawk in middle of sidewalks: ‘Radical change’
Story by Rich Calder • 22h

Big Apple sidewalks may soon “radically change” under an “absurd” new City Council bill that allows streets vendors to block everything from mailboxes to benches, critics told The Post.

The legislation from Councilwoman Carmen De La Rosa (D-Manhattan) would permit pushcarts to set up two feet away from the curb, or an additional six inches further away from vehicular traffic than currently allowed.

But the bill would also allow vendors to place their carts “as close as possible” to any obstructions — which means the peddlers could set up shop in front of countless obstructions too.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/absurd-nyc-council-bill-would-let-street-vendors-hawk-in-middle-of-sidewalks-radical-change/ar-BB1iP1o2?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=4d27278af6c94cbc80bbe1b08d0356c3&ei=73
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson