Author Topic: Met in firearms recruitment crisis as just six officers sign up  (Read 193 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Met in firearms recruitment crisis as just six officers sign up
« on: February 25, 2024, 03:35:52 pm »
Met in firearms recruitment crisis as just six officers sign up
Story by Martin Evans • 3h

Scotland Yard’s firearms unit is experiencing a recruitment crisis after just six officers applied to join, The Telegraph can reveal.

Becoming an armed officer has traditionally been seen as one of the most desirable and prestigious roles in policing, with between 150 and 250 hopefuls applying every time the posts were advertised.

Competition for places has meant the Metropolitan Police was able to choose only the very best candidates, with successful officers joining the elite unit after making it through a rigorous selection process.

However The Telegraph understands that plummeting morale has resulted in a collapse in interest among officers wanting to carry firearms.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/met-in-firearms-recruitment-crisis-as-just-six-officers-sign-up/ar-BB1iQTxv?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=4d27278af6c94cbc80bbe1b08d0356c3&ei=61
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson