Author Topic: Border Patrol releases hundreds of migrants at bus stop after San Diego runs out of aid money  (Read 152 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Patrol releases hundreds of migrants at bus stop after San Diego runs out of aid money
ByElliot Spagat AP logo
Saturday, February 24, 2024 3:38PM

ABC7 Eyewitness News

ABC7 Eyewitness NewsStream Southern California's News Leader and Original Shows 24/7
SAN DIEGO -- Hundreds of migrants were dropped off Friday at a San Diego bus stop instead of at a reception center that had been serving as a staging area because it ran out of local funding sooner than expected, showing how even the largest city on the country's southern border is struggling to cope with the unprecedented influx of people.

Migrants who previously had a safe place to charge phones, use the bathroom, eat a meal and arrange to head elsewhere in the U.S. were now left on the street as migrant aid groups scrambled to help out as best they could with makeshift arrangements.

Border Patrol buses carrying migrants from Senegal, China, Ecuador, Rwanda and many other countries arrived outside a transit center. Migrant aid groups said they would be bused from there to a parking lot where they could charge their phones and get a ride to the airport. The vast majority planned to spend only a few hours in San Diego before taking a flight or having someone pick them up.

https://abc7.com/migrants-san-diego-mexico-border-patrol/14464836/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson