Author Topic: Graham said he hopes Trump picks Tim Scott for VP: ‘There’s some chemistry there’  (Read 223 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Graham said he hopes Trump picks Tim Scott for VP: ‘There’s some chemistry there’
by Lauren Irwin - 02/24/24 5:54 PM ET

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) lauded his fellow Palmetto State senator, Tim Scott, claiming he would be a great running mate for President Trump in November because ‘there’s some chemistry there.”

“There’s some chemistry there. I’ve been around them both,” Graham said Saturday in an interview with Fox News. “He likes him. Tim really is leaning into helping President Trump become president.”

Scott, who suspended his own White House bid in November, formally endorsed Trump last month and has been a staple on the campaign trail supporting the former president ever since. Many Haley allies questioned the decision, as Trump’s only remaining rival was the one to put the senator in his current role.

Graham argued Saturday that Scott is the right choice because he “is ready to be president,” which he called “the most important thing” for the vice president.

In a town hall event in Greenville, S.C., this week, Trump confirmed a set of names for his shortlist for vice president candidates.

The list included Scott, entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.), Rep. Byron Donalds (R-Fla.), South Dakota Gov. Kristie Neom (R) and former Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, who served in Congress as a Democrat but has since shifted to more conservative views.

Trump said all of the candidates were “solid.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4487247-graham-hopes-trump-picks-tim-scott-for-vp/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Trump should pick a popular GOP figure in a contested swing state....  Like AZ, OH, PA, MI, etc.

Not that Trump would do something that would make sense.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

If Graham is hoping that Trump picks Scott, that doesn't say much for Scott.  Just sayin'.

The VP needs more than 'chemistry'; it's called ability to run the country and experience.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If Graham is hoping that Trump picks Scott, that doesn't say much for Scott.  Just sayin'.

The VP needs more than 'chemistry'; it's called ability to run the country and experience.
Like Scott, but he just doesn't have level of articulation that screams statesman.  If his intent was to improve electoral chances with Blacks, Dr. Ben would have been a much better choice.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.