Author Topic: SOLVING RECRUITING CRISIS NEEDS SOME CREATIVE IDEAS  (Read 310 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SOLVING RECRUITING CRISIS NEEDS SOME CREATIVE IDEAS
« on: February 24, 2024, 04:20:02 pm »
SOLVING RECRUITING CRISIS NEEDS SOME CREATIVE IDEAS

COL. MIKE GALLOUCIS, U.S. ARMY RETIRED
Thursday, January 25, 2024

Today’s Army recruiters face challenges not seen since the all-volunteer force was implemented in 1973. Both Secretary of the Army Christine Wormuth and Army Chief of Staff Gen. Randy George now spend considerable time on recruiting. Their work is not easy. The past two years were the worst for Army recruiting since the all-volunteer force was fielded 50 years ago. This year likely will be more of the same.

Historically, when recruiting has been an issue for the Army, two things are normally on the table: offering more financial incentives and relooking at existing entry criteria/standards.

Everyone serving or who has served in the Army recognizes the unique missions, core values, history, culture and traditions of the service, as well as the importance of those foundational pillars to esprit de corps and readiness. These unique distinctions must be sustained. However, perhaps there should be one standard to enlist in the U.S. military covering mental aptitude, physical testing, past medical history review, weight/body fat percentage, tattoos, background screening, drug testing, waivers, etc.

https://www.ausa.org/articles/solving-recruiting-crisis-needs-some-creative-ideas
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: SOLVING RECRUITING CRISIS NEEDS SOME CREATIVE IDEAS
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 04:22:13 pm »
If I'm looking to enlist, I see an Army which is allowing junkies, the uneducated, ex-criminals, etc. and I think in an emergency my life might depend on them?  I would not be so much interested. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson