Author Topic: Republican Larry Hogan soars to double-digit lead over Democrats in Maryland Senate race  (Read 656 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Republican Larry Hogan soars to double-digit lead over Democrats in Maryland Senate race

In a potential race between the Republican and Congressman David Trone, Hogan leads 49%-33%.
By Sarah Roderick-Fitch

Published: February 24, 2024 7:28am

Former Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan is holding a commanding lead over the top Democratic candidate for Senate, according to a new poll.

In a potential race between the Republican and Congressman David Trone, Hogan leads 49%-33%.

The Ragnar Research Partners poll surveyed 600 likely voters, pitting Hogan against top Democrats running for the soon-to-be vacant Senate seat held by Democratic Sen. Ben Cardin. He plans to retire.

The former governor fared even better when Hogan was matched against Prince George’s County Executive Angela Alsobrooks 52%-29%.

Hogan threw his hat into the ring earlier this month after early speculation that he had his sights set on the White House.

The poll may provide Hogan much-needed momentum as he entered a crowded Republican field as one of seven candidates hoping to represent the GOP.

If Hogan wins the primary, he will likely have to win over moderate voters to pull off a win in the traditionally blue state. Democratic Gov. Wes Moore was elected in 2022 with 64% of the vote.

more
https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/poll-hogan-leads-democratic-challengers-double-digits
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

:bkmk:  I think that this may be an interesting race.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
:bkmk:  I think that this may be an interesting race.
Hogan is well known in MD politics, and I remember him running in his first races while I lived there (that's a long time ago). Yes, this will be interesting, especially considering that one demographic considered safely Democrat is experiencing the fallout from all the Biden and other policies that have been implemented. Black Power in MD politics is being diluted by the new people coming in, and areas like Baltimore and PG County are feeling the results of attitudes toward policing at the street level.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Interesting poll. I admit that I would not have believed Mr. Hogan could show such strength in the deep-blue state of Maryland.

I would reckon that the actual race will be much tighter...

Offline mountaineer

Will Hogan be a hero in Maryland Senate race?
By Salena Zito
April 12, 2024 2:55 pm
Washington Examiner
CUMBERLAND — It is just after noon on Friday, and the snow, ice, and freezing rain has been pounding the western end of the state since the night before. Still, the torrid weather has done little to cause former Maryland governor Larry Hogan to be late to any of his stops on the first of his three-day campaign bus tour officially kicking off his run for the U.S. Senate.

After early morning visits to a coffeehouse in Oakland, a fulfillment center in Grantsville, and the industrial construction company Beitzel Corporation, the Republican Hogan pulls up to the Western Maryland Works tucked along a stream by an industrial park in suburban Cumberland.  ...

Taylor said he has no interest where Hogan stands on former President Donald Trump or President Joe Biden: “I just care about what he wants to do in the U.S. Senate and if he brings sanity to Washington.”

Hogan needs a groundswell of voters like Taylor, who have little interest in the drama of daily politics, but who expect good governing and want someone who pays as much attention to the least populous part of the state as to the most crowded. ...

Hogan explained he fielded calls from former president George W. Bush, former Vice President Mike Pence, and other senators, who stressed to him it was important for the country that he run for the senate.

They also stressed it was important for the Republican Party. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
He's a classic moderate Republican, but much better than the average Democrat that comes out of Maryland.  Hope he wins.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
He's a classic moderate Republican, but much better than the average Democrat that comes out of Maryland.  Hope he wins.

Yeah, he's a squishy moderate for sure and totally embraced the COVID lockdowns, so much so that he's known as "Lockdown Larry."  With that said, the only positive I can see with his election is that he will vote exactly as he is told by the Senate Republican "leadership," whoever that may be.

Flashback:

Court Dismisses Lawsuit Against Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan Arguing COVID-19 Orders Are Unconstitutional

https://www.cbsnews.com/baltimore/news/covid-19-coronavirus-reopen-maryland-lawsuit-dismissed-latest/
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus