Author Topic: Biden and US media lies about Ukraine: Reminiscent of Vietnam War – American Conservative  (Read 170 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden and US media lies about Ukraine: Reminiscent of Vietnam War – American Conservative
By Drago Bosnic -February 23, 2024274 3

by Ahmed Adel, Cairo-based geopolitics and political economy researcher

The American Conservative published an article that parallels the Vietnam War, considered the greatest military humiliation in US history, with what they point out is a campaign of deception carried out by the current US Government, which will lead to a defeat for Kiev and NATO.

According to the author James W. Carden, who served as an advisor on US-Russian affairs at the State Department during the Obama administration, the media campaign regarding Ukraine carried out by the White House was a copy of the actions of successive US governments in Vietnam until the Nixon administration withdrew troops and concluded the intervention in 1973. He relates the Vietnam War with the lies with which President Joe Biden and his collaborators have tried to deceive citizens about the progress of the Ukraine conflict and its origin, among other issues.

These false narratives, the article notes, have been put in place and presented to Americans with the help of the “most dutiful accomplices,” such as the New York Times and the Washington Post, media outlets that, until recent times, published the triumphalist comments of Biden and his administration without any type of questioning, in addition to analysis columns where Russian President Vladimir Putin was demonised and falsely stated that Ukraine was on its way to victory.

https://www.vtforeignpolicy.com/2024/02/biden-and-us-media-lies-about-ukraine-are-reminiscent-of-vietnam-war-american-conservative/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson