Author Topic: Top contenders for Trump's running mate audition on CPAC main stage  (Read 1006 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Top contenders for Trump's running mate audition on CPAC main stage

Trump confirmed this week that his shortlist for the GOP vice presidential nomination includes Florida Rep. Byron Donalds, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, former Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy and South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott.
By Nicholas Ballasy

Published: February 23, 2024 11:00pm

Most of the top contenders for former President Trump's 2024 running mate are auditioning for the position and trying to distinguish themselves with keynote speeches at this year's Conservative Political Action Conference.

Trump confirmed this week that his shortlist for the GOP vice presidential nomination includes Florida Rep. Byron Donalds, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, former Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy and South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott.

Donalds zeroed in on President Biden during his time on-stage at the conference ballroom on Thursday. "Decide, Joe Biden: Which country matters more to you? The border of the United States, or the border of Ukraine?” he said in keeping with Trump's "America First" campaign theme.

"You either secure the border or you get no money for the government," he added, referring to the upcoming fight in Congress over the next spending bill. He also argued that Biden has violated the Espionage Act as a senator and a vice president.

“He should be prosecuted for violating the Espionage Act,” he said.

more
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/top-contenders-trumps-running-mate-audition-cpac
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Top contenders for Trump's running mate audition on CPAC main stage
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 03:38:39 pm »
Tulsi Gabbard?  CPAC has jumped the shark.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2024, 04:18:22 pm »

IMHO she's a better pick than Vivek. She may draw the female and independent vote.  Vivek is a DEM (Obama) plant.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2024, 04:33:18 pm »
4 year old snippit, but worth a look at her very left leaning tendecies.  Has she changed her stripes enough to sneak into CPAC cnference?  I doubt it.

https://www.politico.com/2020-election/candidates-views-on-the-issues/tulsi-gabbard/
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online LMAO

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2024, 04:55:57 pm »
Gabbard is very left wing

This isn’t like a Jeane Kirkpatrick or Zell Miller  being considered. She is closer to Warren or Sanders

This is why many of us conservatives are saying “Hell no” to Trump

I don’t doubt her integrity. Just her political positions I have a problem with
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2024, 06:10:49 pm »
Gabbard is very left wing

This isn’t like a Jeane Kirkpatrick or Zell Miller  being considered. She is closer to Warren or Sanders

This is why many of us conservatives are saying “Hell no” to Trump

I don’t doubt her integrity. Just her political positions I have a problem with

No to Trump as well, though I may give reconsideration if he selects Noem as his VP. For the most part she is a good, solid conservative and the best choice out of the bunch. Since she's the best choice, doubtful that he'll pick her.

Dream team for '28 -- DeSantis/Noem or Noem/DeSantis

https://ontheissues.org/Kristi_Noem.htm
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2024, 10:54:24 pm »
Again, my advice to Mr. Trump is to pick someone like Rand Paul or J.D. Vance.

Is Mr. Vance scheduled to speak at CPAC?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2024, 11:16:18 pm »

Interestingly enough, both Tulsi and Rand Paul are said to be on RFKjr's short list. If Bobby manages convince Rand Paul to join his ticket, I am going to have a very hard time supporting Trump. Tulsi, not so much.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2024, 11:31:06 pm »
Interestingly enough, both Tulsi and Rand Paul are said to be on RFKjr's short list. If Bobby manages convince Rand Paul to join his ticket, I am going to have a very hard time supporting Trump. Tulsi, not so much.

RFK JR. is/was an envirowhacko way way before anyone else.  Disqualifier at the onset for me, no matter whoo the VPOTUS choice is.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2024, 12:21:31 am »

Paul is the very definition of an independent thinker.  I can't really see him as VP for anyone unless they were very closely aligned on issues, and he and Trump aren't.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2024, 12:23:03 am »
RFK JR. is/was an envirowhacko way way before anyone else.  Disqualifier at the onset for me, no matter whoo the VPOTUS choice is.
I don't trust him one iota on the 2nd, he is just another one who says what he thinks people want to hear to get the support  :pondering: seems to me there is this other guy(excuse me) a couple of guys running as republicans that are doing the same thing

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2024, 01:33:26 am »
Paul is the very definition of an independent thinker.  I can't really see him as VP for anyone unless they were very closely aligned on issues, and he and Trump aren't.

Agree. His chief of staff said today Paul rules out being Bobby's veep, and with Tulsi's speech to CPAC you gotta figure she's not inclined to do it either. Those would be the only two on RFK's A list. So he'll have to pick a B-List veep, which will relegate him to spoiler candidate.

I am no fan of Trump, but I don't hate him to the extent that I would vote for a spoiler.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2024, 12:16:27 pm »
Tulsi's driving hard to the hoop to be someone's VP.

Rand Paul endorses the book.
Rand Paul
@RandPaul
Great new read from @TulsiGabbard
11:15 AM · Feb 24, 2024
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 12:17:19 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2024, 01:09:52 pm »
The Calvin Coolidge Project
@TheCalvinCooli1
🚨Just in: President Trump has ruled out Vivek Ramaswamy as his Vice Presidential Pick in 2024. Instead Trump is considering him for cabinet job including Homeland Security ~ Bloomberg.
7:58 PM · Mar 18, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2024, 01:17:34 pm »
The Calvin Coolidge Project
@TheCalvinCooli1
🚨Just in: President Trump has ruled out Vivek Ramaswamy as his Vice Presidential Pick in 2024. Instead Trump is considering him for cabinet job including Homeland Security ~ Bloomberg.
7:58 PM · Mar 18, 2024

I know he'd be over-qualified, but I'd like to see him as Press Secretary, and unleash him on the MSM.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2024, 01:31:26 pm »

There is no possible stretch by which Tulsi Gabbard could be considered a conservative. The only reason she's been invited to CPAC is that CPAC is no longer dedicated to advancing conservatism, but rather to advancing MAGA.

Online LMAO

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2024, 02:06:25 pm »
There is no possible stretch by which Tulsi Gabbard could be considered a conservative. The only reason she's been invited to CPAC is that CPAC is no longer dedicated to advancing conservatism, but rather to advancing MAGA.

We are a dying breed

Some seem to think that inflation, for example, will be more tolerable under Trump than Biden

Because whether you’re a” holding my nose and voting for Trump” voter or a true MAGA, it ultimately about policies.  The record and the policies are what should matter because they do matter. You can’t wave them away. Because the impact is real. His lockdowns were devastating.
And on inflation, for example Trump threatens to be worse than Biden. Trump wants $15 trillion more in new spending which would require more currency printing,. he wants new tariffs on top of the ones that he had put in place before which would surely bring prices up, and he has stated he would try to pressure or appoint somebody to the federal reserve that would lower interest rates, which would devastate savers.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 04:00:39 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy