Author Topic: F-35 engine review pushed back months as government takes closer look  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
F-35 engine review pushed back months as government takes closer look
By Stephen Losey
 Friday, Feb 9

A key design review for the F-35 fighter jet’s engine upgrade will take place several months later than originally predicted, as the government adds another level of review to the process.

An executive for Pratt & Whitney, the RTX-owned company that makes the jet’s F135 engines, told reporters Tuesday that the Engine Core Upgrade program’s preliminary design review is expected to take place in May 2024.

That is later than the company originally predicted last fall, when it said the review was scheduled for January 2024, about a month after the company expected to finish its preliminary design.

In a statement to Defense News on Friday, the F-35 Joint Program Office said the design review is “event driven” and has not been delayed, but that it is taking a closer look at the engine upgrade.

https://www.defensenews.com/industry/techwatch/2024/02/09/f-35-engine-review-pushed-back-months-as-government-takes-closer-look/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson