Author Topic: US deploys half of its aircraft carriers to China’s doorstep  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US deploys half of its aircraft carriers to China’s doorstep
« on: February 24, 2024, 03:05:44 pm »
US deploys half of its aircraft carriers to China’s doorstep
Story by Nicola Smith • 1w

The United States is expected to deploy almost half of its aircraft carriers in the Western Pacific this year, as military tensions continue to rise over North Korea’s nuclear ambitions and China’s territorial claims.

Three US aircraft carriers from the 11-strong fleet are already in the region, with two more on the way – an unprecedented number intended as a strong signal of deterrence, reported the South China Morning Post (SCMP).

The USS Abraham Lincoln was spotted earlier this month leaving its home port in San Diego, California, and heading towards the Western Pacific, according to the US Naval Institute’s Fleet and Marine Tracker.

The US Navy has also confirmed the USS George Washington will return this year to Japan, where it will replace the USS Ronald Reagan as the centrepiece of the US 7th Fleet’s carrier strike group.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/us-deploys-half-of-its-aircraft-carriers-to-china-s-doorstep/ar-BB1iozra
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US deploys half of its aircraft carriers to China’s doorstep
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 03:07:36 pm »
Does Biden plan to deliver them to the Chinese military so there will be aircraft carrier "equity" between China and the US?  Wokeness, you know! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson