Author Topic: Some new military recruits may have to enlist for eight years of active duty if they want in  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Some new military recruits may have to enlist for eight years of active duty if they want in
February 20, 2024

By Andy Wolf

A branch of the US Military is considering eight-year active duty enlistment contracts, in what will be the longest active duty terms for first-timers since the peak of the Global War on Terror.

The United States Space Force is looking to maintain a dedicated personnel base and grow experience, as a way of preventing losing expertise amidst recruiting shortfalls and high turnover across the military.

Chief Master Sergeant of the Space Force John Bentivegna claimed the long terms are because it takes a considerable amount of time to train Space Force Guardians, only for them to leave the service after a 3 to 4-year stint.

“I know eight years is a big commitment to make if you’re 20 years old, 21 years old,” Bentivegna told Air Force Times. “But let me explain to you … the training you’ll get, the opportunities you’re going to get, the experience you’ll have — it takes time.”

https://popularmilitary.com/some-new-military-recruits-may-have-to-enlist-for-eight-years-of-active-duty-if-they-want-in/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson