Author Topic: HSI investigating record-breaking meth seizure that doubles previous record  (Read 169 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
FEBRUARY 23, 2024HOUSTON, TXNARCOTICS
HSI investigating record-breaking meth seizure that doubles previous record
US Customs and Border Protection seized 6½ tons of meth valued at more than $117 million

HOUSTON — Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) Houston, working in conjunction with HSI Eagle Pass, HSI Mexico City, and HSI Headquarters, is investigating an attempt to traffic approximately 6½ tons of methamphetamine into the United States that was destined for Houston.

The meth was smuggled through the Eagle Pass Port of Entry on Feb. 18 and was seized by U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Office of Field Operations at the Camino Real International Bridge. The meth that was seized is the largest ever encountered by law enforcement in a single trafficking attempt at a port of entry and is valued at more than $117 million.

“For far too long, drug trafficking organizations have been raking in billions of dollars at the expense of our communities that are left ravaged by addiction, death and despair as a result of these poisonous substances,” said HSI Houston Special Agent in Charge Mark Dawson. “Thanks to outstanding teamwork between HSI Houston, HSI Eagle Pass, HSI Mexico City and our partners at CBP, we have prevented a record-breaking amount of these narcotics from making it to Houston, where they would have destroyed an untold number of lives.”

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/hsi-investigating-record-breaking-meth-seizure-doubles-previous-record
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson