Author Topic: ICE Immigration Bonds Data Reveals Biden Admin’s Assault on Immigration Enforcement  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
ICE Immigration Bonds Data Reveals Biden Admin’s Assault on Immigration Enforcement

By Jon Feere on February 20, 2024

A new set of ICE data obtained by Syracuse University’s Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse (TRAC) through a Freedom of Information Act request highlights the use of bonds in ICE management of illegal aliens. While the information is helpful, TRAC fails to note how this data is more evidence of the Biden administration’s dismantling of the country’s immigration system and our national borders.

What’s an Immigration Bond? An immigration bond is a guaranty by a person who posts a bond (the obligor) on behalf of an illegal alien that the illegal alien will fulfill his or her obligations to the government. These obligations include reporting to a location at a date and time specified by ICE (such as a field office visit), voluntarily departing the United States on or before a voluntary departure date, or complying with all the terms of an Order of Supervision. If the obligor fails to perform as expected (e.g., he doesn’t get the alien to appear at an ICE field office when requested), ICE considers the bond to have been breached and keeps the money.

The entire concept is based on the belief that a person who posts money on behalf of an alien wants the money back and will ensure the alien adheres to the government’s direction. It’s a way ICE keeps track of aliens not in detention.

https://cis.org/Feere/ICE-Immigration-Bonds-Data-Reveals-Biden-Admins-Assault-Immigration-Enforcement
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson