Author Topic: Businessmen are BOYCOTTING New York following Trump ruling: “I’m shocked at this”  (Read 804 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Businessmen are BOYCOTTING New York following Trump ruling: “I’m shocked at this”
02/23/2024 // Ethan Huff // 4.1K Views

Some Donald Trump-supporting business owners in the Big Apple and beyond are reeling with anger following the recent civil fraud ruling against the former president that requires him to pay $355 million in fines, plus interest, for crimes he was found guilty of committing with his real estate and other business ventures.

"Shark Tank" investor Kevin O'Leary says he is "shocked" by the ruling, which found that Trump inflated the value of his assets to obtain better rates from lenders and insurers.

"I can't even understand or fathom the decision at all," O'Leary said about the ruling, which also bars Trump's sons from managing their businesses in New York for the next three years. "There's no rationale for it."

Often called "Mr. Wonderful," O'Leary, who is from Canada, called New York a "mega loser state" for business following the verdict against Trump.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2024-02-23-businessmen-boycotting-new-york-following-trump-ruling.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Too bad it's a drop in a drop in the bucket.  I would love to see NYC hit bankruptcy again.