Author Topic: Pittsburgh Bureau of Police confirms major changes 11 Investigates first told you about  (Read 4067 times)

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/pittsburgh-bureau-police-confirms-major-changes-11-investigates-first-told-you-about/JLZ2XPCHOJC5RCAPQUUDLL2QDQ/

Beginning Monday, Pittsburgh police won’t respond to any calls that aren’t in progress emergencies.

Chief Larry Scirotto wants to cut their call volume from approximately 200,000 calls per year down to about 50,000.

That essentially means that calls for criminal mischief, theft, harassment and burglary alarms, just to name a few, will all be handled by the telephone reporting unit or online reporting.

Scirotto is working on a plan where the Pittsburgh Parking Authority would handle all parking complaints. He said that’s the number one complaint the department receives.

Scirotto says this will free up officers for more important things.

“That allows our officers to be engaged in community in a way, now they’re at the YMCA instead of sitting on the 10th Street bypass with a bike complaint,” said Scirotto.

Between the hours of 3 a.m. and 7 a.m., there won’t be a desk officer at any of the six zone stations.

They’ve installed call boxes linked to 911 for emergency.

“There is not any data to supports us having our zones manned by personnel from 3 a.m. to 7 a.m. For the very one off instance I can’t make an exception,” said Scirotto.

On some overnight shifts, they’ll only be 22 officers to cover the entire city.

EXCERPT
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The crime statistics in Pittsburgh must be really, really good!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The crime statistics in Pittsburgh must be really, really good!
If you don't record them, they don't exist. :shrug:

Denver pulled much the same when they legalized weed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Yeah.  What these people do to my beloved statistics amounts to Murder.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

NYC does the same thing.  If you don't record it, it doesn't exist.