Author Topic: High-altitude balloon of unknown origin flying over Western US: report  (Read 1700 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 High-altitude balloon of unknown origin flying over Western US: report
By Social Links for Victor Nava
Published Feb. 23, 2024, 4:31 p.m. ET

A high-altitude balloon of unknown origin is being tracked by the US government, according to a report.

The balloon is currently flying over the Western regions of the country, US officials told CBS News.

Military aircraft have determined that it is not a threat, according to the outlet, but the purpose of the balloon is unclear.

The Post has reached out to the Pentagon for comment.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: High-altitude balloon of unknown origin flying over Western US: report
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 09:52:57 pm »
WTF, shoot it down!

Since 9/11, every unidentified aerial vehicle needs to be considered hostile until proven otherwise.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 09:57:43 pm »

The U.S. military is tracking a high-altitude balloon over the Western United States, two U.S. officials confirmed to Fox News on Friday.

It was spotted by U.S. military aircraft and determined to not be a threat.

The origin of this balloon and its purpose are not yet known, the two officials said.

The balloon is drifting east in the jet stream.

This is a developing story.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/military-tracking-high-altitude-balloon-western-us
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 09:59:41 pm »
toddstarnes
@toddstarnes
·
10m
JUST IN: High altitude balloon spotted over Colorado just one day after a "software update" shut down phone service for hours across the country...
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2024, 10:19:07 pm »
I was thinking (hoping) that this was a repost of the last balloon incursion. Evidently not.

So shoot it down. Problem solved.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2024, 10:19:09 pm »
I look forward to shooting at this tomorrow, after Biden allows it to traverse the lower 48.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2024, 11:25:06 pm »
Military aircraft have determined that it is not a threat, according to the outlet, but the purpose of the balloon is unclear.
:pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2024, 12:17:32 am »
"unknown origin" my ass. They know exactly where it came from, its entire route and its projected course.

As others have said, this administration is so damned corrupt and weak they're going to let the "owners" do what they did last year.  9999hair out0000
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2024, 12:39:44 am »
"unknown origin" my ass. They know exactly where it came from, its entire route and its projected course.

As others have said, this administration is so damned corrupt and weak they're going to let the "owners" do what they did last year.  9999hair out0000

That's correct, unfortunately. We only find out about the balloons if a civilian happens to see them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2024, 03:24:28 pm »
U.S. military fighter jets intercept high-altitude balloon over western U.S.

By Mallory Wilson and Ben Wolfgang - The Washington Times - Friday, February 23, 2024

U.S. military fighter jets intercepted a high-altitude balloon Friday flying over the western part of the country, officials said.

In a statement, North American Aerospace Defense Command, or NORAD, said the balloon was flying at an altitude of 43,000 to 45,000 feet.

“The balloon was intercepted by NORAD fighters over Utah, who determined it was not maneuverable and did not present a threat to national security,” a NORAD spokesperson said. “NORAD will continue to track and monitor the balloon. The [Federal Aviation Administration] also determined the balloon posed no hazard to flight safety. NORAD remains in close coordination with the FAA to ensure flight safety.”

While the object is not a threat, its origin and purpose remain a mystery. The balloon was first spotted heading east in the jet stream at an altitude of more than 40,000 feet. It was seen over Colorado earlier in the day.

Rep. Matt Rosendale, Montana Republican, wrote on X that he and his staff “will be tracking this development closely.”

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/feb/23/military-monitoring-another-high-altitude-balloon-/
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2024, 03:31:50 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2024, 03:43:28 pm »
The [Federal Aviation Administration] also determined the balloon posed no hazard to flight safety. NORAD remains in close coordination with the FAA to ensure flight safety.
Okay, flight safety not affected. How about national security, though? Does NORAD care about that?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2024, 05:24:57 pm »
Sure..whatever!

Lucas Tomlinson
@LucasFoxNews
·
1h
Balloon currently flying over the United States that prompted NORAD to scramble fighter jets is not from China, but instead the property of an amateur balloonist, defense officials say.
Support the USO

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2024, 09:52:20 pm »
I thought they had to file flight plans with the FAA, but maybe I am wrong.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2024, 11:04:07 pm »
Sure..whatever!

Lucas Tomlinson
@LucasFoxNews
·
1h
Balloon currently flying over the United States that prompted NORAD to scramble fighter jets is not from China, but instead the property of an amateur balloonist, defense officials say.
Just in that amateur balloonists name is...Xi Jinping

All we hear is Trump and Russia Russia Russia, I am seriously more concerned with China China China who has had their hands up the @$$es of democrat presidents since the Clintons and are a much bigger threat.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2024, 11:11:34 pm »
I thought they had to file flight plans with the FAA, but maybe I am wrong.
I'm sure China did...with the Biden administration. As a matter of fact here's Joe personally checking that flight plan.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2024, 11:12:35 pm »
WTF, shoot it down!

Since 9/11, every unidentified aerial vehicle needs to be considered hostile until proven otherwise.
You know if they thought it was from Russia it would have been shot down long ago.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2024, 12:10:35 am »
I'm sure China did...with the Biden administration. As a matter of fact here's Joe personally checking that flight plan.
:pondering: All those bills have the same serial number.  He's gonna have to scatter them around town...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2024, 12:11:24 am »
You know if they thought it was from Russia it would have been shot down long ago.
Depends on if they paid their 'airspace fees' or not...

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Lather, rinse and repeat ...

R A W S A L E R T S
@rawsalerts
🚨#BREAKING: A Commercial Fishermen has spotted suspected spy balloon off the coast of Alaska
A Commercial fishermen off the coast of Alaska has discovered what officials fear might be another spy balloon, and they're bringing it to shore. Three sources familiar with the matter indicate that FBI agents will meet the fishing vessel upon its weekend arrival in port. The bureau will then transport the unidentified object to the FBI lab in Quantico, Virginia, for analysis, following the protocol used with previous surveillance balloons. The fishermen shared photographs of the object with law enforcement upon encountering it.
5:31 PM · Mar 1, 2024   from Alaska, USA

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
China is playing Biden.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

China is playing Biden.
China owns Biden.

C S Lewis