Author Topic: Tuberville: Fellow Senate Republicans opposed his bill to keep biological males out of female sports  (Read 375 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Tuberville: Fellow Senate Republicans opposed his bill to keep biological males out of female sports

Tuberville said there's "zero common sense in the clown world."
By Charlotte Hazard

Published: February 22, 2024 3:10pm

Updated: February 22, 2024 4:00pm

Sen. Tommy Tuberville said Thursday that some fellow Senate Republicans were against his "Protection of Women and Girls in Sports Act," drafted to prevent biological men from competing in women's sports.

"We know the Democrats aren't gonna vote for it, but I actually had a couple of Republicans who voted against me on this," Tuberville said at the annual CPAC event outside of Washington, D.C., in suburban Maryland. "I went to them and asked, 'Don't you have a daughter? Don't you have granddaughters? I mean, what planet are you coming from?'"

Tuberville introduced the bill last year, and said Thursday that it is unfair and wrong for biological men to compete against biological women in girls' sports.

The legislation is still in the first stage of the legislative process.

He also criticized USA Boxing for its new policy that allows boxers who transition from male to female to compete in the female category, according to The New York Post.

"Someone's gonna get hurt," the Alabama senator said.

He also said that there's "zero common sense in the clown world."

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/sen-tuberville-said-he-had-republicans-vote-against-bill-protect-womens-sports
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Names! I want names! Any Senator refusing to support this needs to become unemployed ASAP!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I wouldn't be surprised if one of your own senators was on the list, Bigun.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Names! I want names! Any Senator refusing to support this needs to become unemployed ASAP!
Damned Skippy! I want Names too!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis