Author Topic: First lady Jill Biden implores an ‘often mired in gridlock’ Congress to follow governors’ lead  (Read 250 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
First Lady or President?

First lady Jill Biden implores an ‘often mired in gridlock’ Congress to follow governors’ lead

AP 23 Feb 2024

First lady Jill Biden is lamenting the partisanship that permeates Capitol Hill and politics writ large, telling governors at the White House that she wishes more lawmakers would follow their lead

WASHINGTON (AP) — First lady Jill Biden lamented the partisanship that permeates Capitol Hill and politics writ large, telling governors at the White House that she wished more lawmakers would follow their lead.

She spoke on Friday in the White House’s East Room to state chief executives who were in Washington for the winter gathering of the National Governors Association. During her brief remarks, Biden recalled something that Vermont Gov. Phil Scott, a Republican, had told her when she visited his state last year.

“What you said really stayed with me,” Biden said. “You said pure partisan politics has never contributed to real solutions, and that we can and should prioritize progress over politics, especially on issues where the majority of Americans agree.”

That majority, Biden said, is “an exhausted one.”

“As Gov. Cox often points out, they’re frustrated by a Congress that is often mired in gridlock, and those who too often treat government like a sport with an us-versus-them mindset and a knee-jerk reaction to oppose anything you know the other team supports,” Biden said, referring to Utah Gov. Spencer Cox, also a Republican who is the current chairman of the governors’ association.

But the group of governors at the White House demonstrates that bipartisanship is possible, Biden said.

“I wish that the lawmakers on the Hill would follow your lead,” she added.

https://www.breitbart.com/news/first-lady-jill-biden-implores-an-often-mired-in-gridlock-congress-to-follow-governors-lead/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Governors listen to their constituents.

Biden ignores his constituents in favor of Open Borders, War On US Domestic Energy Industry, and Green New Agenda.

Biden is a stubborn old man.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
First Lady or President?

Drunk on power, without the credentials, or intellect.  She's done more damage to the prestige of the EDd degree than anyone else in history.

Her displaying her power play at the expense of a spouse suffering from dementia reaches new levels of despicable.  There's a warmer corner in hell for her types.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.