Author Topic: The U.S. Military is Going Woke Thanks to 'Elite' Education | Opinion  (Read 1026 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The U.S. Military is Going Woke Thanks to 'Elite' Education | Opinion
Published Jul 29, 2022 at 6:00 AM EDT

By Frank Wuco
I enlisted in the Navy in 1981 during President Ronald Reagan's campaign to restore U.S. military dominance in the face of Soviet totalitarianism's global resurgence. It's hard for veterans of my age cohort to stomach the latest news. The Associated Press recently reported that "the U.S. military faces what a top general called 'unprecedented challenges' in bringing in recruits." Earlier this week, a watchdog group sued the Pentagon for teaching critical race theory to naval recruits.

For over 40 years, I served our nation. I saw plenty. Most of it great. Some of it, not so great. I had never witnessed, however, the leadership of our armed forces determined to blow up the best elements of America's most worthy of institutions. Yet it's happening today, and the tool being used to demolish the U.S. military is society's most venomous and exploitative force: wokeism. How did this happen?

Virtually every challenge has a life cycle. The military itself birthed this one by building a system that miseducates our officers. Over the course of decades, Pentagon luminaries convinced themselves that non-military education forges better practitioners of the arts and sciences of warfare. So in terms of instruction, military officers are on par with their civil-servant and academic counterparts. You might think that's fantastic. It's not. This ruinous and disorienting requirement has left our military leaders as far afield from their war-fighting forebears of the previous centuries as one could possibly imagine.

Our officers are politically and socially indoctrinated right alongside the population that passes through our colleges and universities. We send our officers to Ivy League schools and other elite institutions of "higher learning" to supposedly round out their educations. They complete undergraduate and graduate degrees in the humanities, most of which have little, if any, connection to warfare (or even reality). While I would hope to make the exception with STEM-related programs, they too have succumbed to the pull of woke indoctrination.

https://www.newsweek.com/us-military-going-woke-thanks-elite-education-opinion-1728845
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 03:28:38 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: The U.S. Military is Going Woke Thanks to 'Elite' Education | Opinion
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 04:02:20 pm »
Aren't soldiers supposed to trade their individual identites for a shared unit identity?

Wokism focuses on individual differences, not unit cohesity.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 10:56:36 pm »
From the article:
"I had never witnessed, however, the leadership of our armed forces determined to blow up the best elements of America's most worthy of institutions. Yet it's happening today, and the tool being used to demolish the U.S. military is society's most venomous and exploitative force: wokeism."

Look at things from a different perspective.

As the military moves toward "total woke-ness" in all the services (well, perhaps the Marines will hold out somewhat), what are the chances they could defeat a determined, NON-woke adversary? Especially on its "home" territory?

And what if that "adversary" is in fact a new "red" army, composed of trained soldiers from the newly-declared "Heartland" States of America? Non-woke and fighting for their freedom?

There's no guarantee the Heartland side could win.
But neither would victory by "the woke" be assured, either...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2024, 04:02:12 pm »
No man with any testosterone in his system wants to join the U.S. Air Force and get lectured on inclusivity by this guy.
“Share your pronouns in your email, particularly if you’re a person who doesn’t think they need to. Initiate difficult conversations about racial and gender barriers, and share a bit of your vulnerability in a way that draws others in.”

https://twitter.com/BillboardChris/status/1763564339125170191
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2024, 04:29:28 pm »
A military is an instrument of lethality and logistics, not a social engineering experiment.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2024, 08:05:15 pm »
This is DOD training? Little cartoon unicorns?

An illustrative component of the DOD Agency’s Diversity Training Includes the “gender unicorn,” employed to delineate the “gender orientation spectrum”.

https://twitter.com/LadyRedWave/status/1764018311833219556
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org