Author Topic: California Debt Problem Much Worse Than Newsom Has Let On  (Read 811 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California Debt Problem Much Worse Than Newsom Has Let On
« on: February 23, 2024, 02:20:27 pm »

California Debt Problem Much Worse Than Newsom Has Let On

California’s debt crisis looms larger than Governor Gavin Newsom has publicly acknowledged, plunging the Golden State into an unprecedented financial quagmire. With a budget deficit ballooning to a record $68 billion, far surpassing earlier estimates, and the state grappling with economic downturns that have hit key industries hard, the fiscal reality presents a stark contrast to the governor’s optimistic veneer​​​​.

This widening gap between the administration’s projections and the harsh financial realities threatens not only the state’s economic stability but also its ability to maintain essential public services and investments in the future​​​​.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/california-debt-problem-much-worse-than-newsom-has-let-on/ss-BB1iFpa8?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=d89e6a4213c94ea58b3eaca3fcad24d5&ei=25
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: California Debt Problem Much Worse Than Newsom Has Let On
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 04:04:57 pm »
CA has been hiding its real-life budget deficits for decades through stealing gas tax $$ - which should fund road building and maintenance - for General Fund expenditures, vastly under-funding pensions (tick ... tick ... tick ...), and other accounting shenanigans.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 03:30:41 pm »
California Faces Deficit Difficulty as Predictions Show 26% Rise to $73 Billion

Recent reports have suggested that California’s budget deficit will rise for 2024-2025. The state’s Legislative Analyst’s Office (LAO) has predicted it will rise by 26%, reaching $73 billion. The report indicates this is due to lower-than-expected tax receipts.   

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/california-faces-deficit-difficulty-as-predictions-show-26-rise-to-73-billion/ss-BB1iQTSk?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=4d27278af6c94cbc80bbe1b08d0356c3&ei=33
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 03:33:33 pm »
Man that is terrible news.   :smokin:  Too bad. So sad!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 02:13:33 pm »

Californians Learn Consequence Of Newsom’s Spending Spree
© Provided by State Of The Union

California is facing a budget crisis with a projected record deficit of $73 billion, as reported by the Legislative Analyst’s Office.

The deficit increase is attributed to a $24 billion revenue erosion, leading to a $15 billion rise in the budget problem.

“The actual increase in the state’s budget problem will depend on a number of factors, including formula-driven spending changes, most notably Proposition 98 spending requirements for schools and community colleges,” the report read.

H.D. Palmer from California’s Department of Finance disputed the estimate, stating that $51 billion in tax receipts are expected.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/californians-learn-consequence-of-newsom-s-spending-spree/ar-BB1iWf9H?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=f50e354edf9a4bb3b7551c10087e6991&ei=51
Thomas Jefferson

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: