Author Topic: NYC’s lunatic lawsuit against social media could drive millions of tax dollars away  (Read 720 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

NYC’s lunatic lawsuit against social media could drive millions of tax dollars away
Opinion by Steve Cuozzo • 14h

In the realm of dangerously misplaced urban priorities, nothing compares with the lawsuit the Adams administration filed last week against five social-media sites — Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and TikTok — claiming they cost the city $100 million to treat mental-health issues supposedly caused by young people’s “addictions” to their content.

The city blames the platforms for such youth-afflicting maladies as depression and suicidal “ideation.”

But if there’s a death wish in all this, it is the city’s.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/nyc-s-lunatic-lawsuit-against-social-media-could-drive-millions-of-tax-dollars-away/ar-BB1iJIQs?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=d82334f7c13a495386b0704c9f72ccd2&ei=8
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson