Author Topic: Ken Paxton Sues Denton ISD for ‘Illegal’ Election Activity  (Read 1150 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Ken Paxton Sues Denton ISD for ‘Illegal’ Election Activity
« on: February 23, 2024, 01:49:49 pm »
Texas Scorecard February 22, 2024

Attorney General announces civil action against school district abusing taxpayer resources.

While the Office of the Attorney General has been blocked from prosecuting election fraud criminally, Ken Paxton announced Thursday night a civil lawsuit against the Denton Independent School District for what he has described as “illegal” election activity.

First reported this week by Texas Scorecard, a husband-wife administrator team in Denton sent explicitly political messages to their staff. Paxton described those actions as “directly violating the Texas Election Code’s prohibition against the use of ‘state or local funds or other resources of the district to electioneer for or against any candidate, measure, or political party.'”

“It is absolutely improper for publicly funded entities like school districts to engage in electioneering as Denton ISD has done,” said Paxton. “State law prohibits government officials—including school district personnel—from using either their positions of authority or taxpayer resources to influence the outcome of elections. Government officials everywhere are on notice that I will use every legal remedy available to me to stop school districts from influencing or coercing their employees to vote any particular way, especially when a district uses taxpayer resources and money to do so. Our elections must be completely protected from any illegal interference.”

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/ken-paxton-sues-denton-isd-for-illegal-election-activity/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Ken Paxton Sues Denton ISD for ‘Illegal’ Election Activity
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 05:00:24 pm »
Ken Paxton is an American hero!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 05:34:54 pm »
I have brought up the point at our ISD meeting once of why it seems our school taxes increases consistently exceeds the CPI.  In response, I got the canned speech that you can't put a price tag on our kid's education.  These board members and Super's hide behind that facade.  and the got the public duped in believing that horse shit. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 06:27:31 pm »

Offline berdie