Author Topic: How the Left's Israelophobia Turned Into an Inquisition of Their Champion Bernie Sanders | Opinion  (Read 171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 How the Left's Israelophobia Turned Into an Inquisition of Their Champion Bernie Sanders | Opinion
Story by Brendan O'Neill • 15h

I bet the last thing Bernie Sanders expected upon his arrival in Ireland and Britain was to be met by angry protesters—to find himself heckled and damned as a sellout by the kind of radicals who would have been shouting his praises just six months ago. And yet that is what happened: Some of Britain's Bernie Bros have morphed into Bernie bashers.

Why? Because he refuses to describe Israel's war on Hamas as a "genocide" and he doesn't approve of the boycott, divestment, and sanctions movement against Israel.

Quick—cast him out. Unperson him. He has ventured outside the parameters of acceptable Left-wing thought and must be punished.

It all kicked off in Dublin. Senator Sanders, who is on these isles to promote his book, Why It's OK To Be Angry About Capitalism, was speaking at University College Dublin. A group of pro-Palestine protesters assembled at the entrance to the venue, all wearing the uniform of the virtuous: a keffiyeh. "It's OK to be angry about capitalism, what about Zionism?" they chanted.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/how-the-left-s-israelophobia-turned-into-an-inquisition-of-their-champion-bernie-sanders-opinion/ar-BB1iJ6WZ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=d349bc03c566476b8b3c9fad54a5d837&ei=82
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson