Author Topic: This city just declared itself a safe haven for LGBTQ+ people  (Read 351 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This city just declared itself a safe haven for LGBTQ+ people
« on: February 23, 2024, 11:19:39 am »

This city just declared itself a safe haven for LGBTQ+ people
© Provided by LGBTQ Nation

The Columbia, Missouri City Council declared the city a safe haven for LGBTQ+ people this past Monday in a 6-1 vote. The city council meeting was packed with supporters for the measure.

“We literally heard from every ward in Columbia,” said councilmember Roy Lovelady.

Families sue to stop Missouri’s trans health care ban from going into effect next month
One of the plaintiffs is a 10-year-old trans boy who “broke down sobbing” when he heard that the law could take his future away.

The ordinance says that Columbia is a safe place for people to express their support for LGBTQ+ people. It makes the enforcement of a 2023 state law banning gender-affirming care the lowest priority for law enforcement in the city and establishes policies for working with other jurisdictions trying to prosecute people for getting or helping others get gender-affirming care.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/this-city-just-declared-itself-a-safe-haven-for-lgbtq-people/ar-BB1iJebN?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=d349bc03c566476b8b3c9fad54a5d837&ei=32
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: This city just declared itself a safe haven for LGBTQ+ people
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 11:21:48 am »
Soon, it won't be the United States of America, it will be the Divided Sanctuaries of America. 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Re: This city just declared itself a safe haven for LGBTQ+ people
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 01:38:05 pm »
It makes the enforcement of a 2023 state law banning gender-affirming care the lowest priority for law enforcement in the city and establishes policies for working with other jurisdictions trying to prosecute people for getting or helping others get gender-affirming care.
Kind of a sanctuary city for groomers, then.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org