Author Topic: Texas Attorney General Sues El Paso NGO for Facilitating Border Crisis  (Read 611 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Luca Cacciatore February 22, 2024

Ken Paxton accuses Annunciation House of covering up human smuggling.

Ken Paxton, the Republican attorney general of Texas, is going after a non-governmental organization for allegedly stoking the crisis at the United States’ southern border.

In a 65-page legal filing publicized Tuesday, Paxton’s office accused Annunciation House of facilitating unlawful entry into the U.S., harboring illegal aliens, human smuggling, and operating a stash house.

Annunciation House, which has operated several shelters in El Paso for years, describes itself on its website as a Catholic nonprofit intent on aiding illegal aliens “through hospitality, advocacy, and education.”

“The chaos at the southern border has created an environment where NGOs, funded with taxpayer money from the Biden Administration, facilitate astonishing horrors including human smuggling,” Paxton noted in the lawsuit’s press release.

“While the federal government perpetuates the lawlessness destroying this country, my office works day in and day out to hold these organizations responsible for worsening illegal immigration,” he added.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/texas-attorney-general-sues-el-paso-ngo-for-facilitating-border-crisis/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Texas Attorney General Sues El Paso NGO for Facilitating Border Crisis
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 01:54:56 am »
Texas Scorecard by  Luca Cacciatore February 22, 2024

Ken Paxton accuses Annunciation House of covering up human smuggling.

Ken Paxton, the Republican attorney general of Texas, is going after a non-governmental organization for allegedly stoking the crisis at the United States’ southern border.

In a 65-page legal filing publicized Tuesday, Paxton’s office accused Annunciation House of facilitating unlawful entry into the U.S., harboring illegal aliens, human smuggling, and operating a stash house.

Annunciation House, which has operated several shelters in El Paso for years, describes itself on its website as a Catholic nonprofit intent on aiding illegal aliens “through hospitality, advocacy, and education.”

“The chaos at the southern border has created an environment where NGOs, funded with taxpayer money from the Biden Administration, facilitate astonishing horrors including human smuggling,” Paxton noted in the lawsuit’s press release.

“While the federal government perpetuates the lawlessness destroying this country, my office works day in and day out to hold these organizations responsible for worsening illegal immigration,” he added.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/texas-attorney-general-sues-el-paso-ngo-for-facilitating-border-crisis/

About damned time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 04:45:42 am »
About damned time!

Paxton has just about earned hero status in my book.

These crap bags are aiding and abetting illegal activity and should be treated like any other similar criminal organization.

Every last possible law needs thrown at them, sued and prosecuted into oblivion, the organization dissected and dismantled, and put the leaders in jail.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 04:49:19 pm »
Paxton has just about earned hero status in my book.

These crap bags are aiding and abetting illegal activity and should be treated like any other similar criminal organization.

Every last possible law needs thrown at them, sued and prosecuted into oblivion, the organization dissected and dismantled, and put the leaders in jail.

I agree with you @Free Vulcan It's perfectly clear why the establishment so hates Ken Paxton.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien