Author Topic: Lara Trump suggests GOP voters would support the RNC paying Trump’s legal bills  (Read 6941 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lara Trump suggests GOP voters would support the RNC paying Trump’s legal bills

Lara Trump, whom the former president endorsed as co-chair of the RNC, said she thinks it is "absolutely" a "big interest" to Republican voters for the RNC to pay for his legal bills.

Feb. 22, 2024, 8:08 AM CST / Updated Feb. 22, 2024, 1:29 PM CST
By Jake Traylor, Matt Dixon, Olympia Sonnier and Summer Concepcion

Lara Trump, former President Donald Trump’s daughter-in-law whom he endorsed as co-chair of the Republican National Committee, said Wednesday that she believes Republican voters are interested in the RNC funding Trump’s legal bills.

After speaking at the former president’s South Carolina campaign headquarters Wednesday evening, Lara Trump was asked by NBC News if she thinks the RNC paying for his legal bills is something that would be of interest to Republican voters.

“Absolutely. That’s why you’ve seen a GoFundMe get started,” she said in remarks to a gaggle of reporters, referring to a GoFundMe page set up by Trump’s supporters in response to his multiple legal battles. “That’s why people are furious right now and they see the attacks against him. They feel like it’s an attack, not just on Donald Trump, but on this country … So I think that is a big interest to people. Absolutely.”

Lara Trump also gave her pitch on why she should be elected as co-chair of the RNC in response to a question by NBC News.

“I worked with the RNC whenever I was you know, part of the Trump campaign from 2016 all the way through 2020,” she said. “So, I mean, I think as far as campaigns go, I have a lot of experience. I’m sure there’s a lot I still need to learn about.”

The RNC and the Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

more
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/lara-trump-suggests-gop-voters-support-rnc-paying-trumps-legal-bills-rcna139943
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Terrible idea.

If folks want to donate to help Trump with his legal bills, he's got a PAC for that already.

Online mountaineer

Well, you'd be wrong, Lara. We can barely afford groceries as it is.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DefiantMassRINO

Nope.  I don't care to pay a grifter billionaire's legal bills.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
She's already laying the ground work to raid the RNC's coffers to pay his legal bills...

:pootrump:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline berdie

She's already laying the ground work to raid the RNC's coffers to pay his legal bills...

:pootrump:

That is sure what it sounds like!

Offline libertybele

Well, you'd be wrong, Lara. We can barely afford groceries as it is.

Agreed.  She is absolutely WRONG!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

:facepalm2: :facepalm2:

A broke and broken party
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 11:40:34 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

Nothing like placing your daughter-in-law in charge of helping you skim money off of your supporters.  :whistle:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

And with crap like that why would anyone want to donate hard earned money to the RNC?

It's going to be bankrupt soon.

Offline libertybele

And with crap like that why would anyone want to donate hard earned money to the RNC?

It's going to be bankrupt soon.

IMHO it's foolish to donate to the RNC, NRSC or NRCC. If I'm going to donate, I donate directly to the candidate.  I get at least a dozen texts a day asking for money -- who knows who's calling and where the money is actually going to wind up.

Last time I donated was to Cruz when he was running for president.  My wallet has been closed to any political candidate or party since.

Offline roamer_1

There ya go. There's your brilliantly shining star of freedom.

Me, It won't bother me none. RNC ain't seen my money in a decade.
I'll donate directly to Gianforte and Rosendale, and maybe a couple others.
RNC can go hang, double now.

Online corbe

Mitch the Bi1ch shut down the last RNC, NRSC/NRCC Revolution 10 years ago (Tea Party). 
   Unfortunately, Trump read the same Tea Leaves as we did, and came on the scene 2 years later and just seemed to exasperate the problem.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Nothing like placing your daughter-in-law in charge of helping you skim money off of your supporters.  :whistle:

It's so freaking corrupt.  Trump strong-arms the RNC and other GOP politicians to support his choices, or he sics the MAGA mob on them.  Then, when he gets his people in power, he has them send them all the money they control.  I mean, WTF????

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just 1 of 10,000+ reasons why my primary protest vote today went to RDS.  The whole collective orange operation needs  few middle fingers to show them that we don't approve of their bullshit.

And why the Orange and RINO machines won't get another penny from me.  All these bastards are fiscally irresponsible, and are just as culpable in this Debt fiasco.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 05:40:51 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
15 replies and no one from the Orange Mafia has shown up to castigate everyone doesn't think America owes it to Trump to bail his !X$##@! out because...TRUMP?

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
15 replies and no one from the Orange Mafia has shown up to castigate everyone doesn't think America owes it to Trump to bail his !X$##@! out because...TRUMP?

Haven’t seen a couple of them around here for a while. Wonder what’s up.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@deb

I am now lurking and NOT taking part,but I had to "speak out" here.

1: Trump did NOT create those legal bills or fines. The DNC created them in order to teach Republicans to stay in line or they would be bankrupted.

2: They are NOT bills that Trump created. They are bills the DNC created in an attempt to get him to either shut up and follow orders,or become bankrupt.

3:Trump is NOT spending that money. He is defending himself as well as defending democracy and individual freedoms from the terror of a political police state.

4: IF the DNC is allowed to get away with this,there will NOT EVER be another free election. The DNC will just nominate and crown anyone they want because to stand against them will mean PERSONAL FINANCIAL bankruptcy,and possibly  a prison sentence.

This ain't about Trump.

This is about maintaining open and free elections and fighting Communist (that's right,I  didn't stutter) totalitarianism. 

« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 08:06:39 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@deb

1: Trump did NOT create those legal bills or fines. The DNC created them in order to teach Republicans to stay in line or they would be bankrupted.

There already is a Trump-specific PAC for Trump's legal fees to which anyone can donate if they agree with you.

The RNC exists for a lot more reasons than just Trump's legal fees, including get out the vote efforts, election security, targeted assistance for some campaigns, etc..  Taking the money people chose to donate to the RNC for those other reasons, rather than choosing to donate directly to Trump himself, is sleazy and corrupt.  It's basically saying" yeah, we know you donated that money expecting it to go elsewhere, but we have now decided to send all your money to Trump."

Whether you are right about the importance of Trump's legal bills being paid is irrelevant. It should be up to the individual donors to choose where their money goes, and if they chose to donate to the RNC rather than Trump's own packs, that is their right.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 08:26:20 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think the Democrats would collapse in laughter if the RNC did this.  It would starve the funding necessary to campaign effectively while the Dems would have no such constraints.  Like it or not, we have to have media buys.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

There already is a Trump-specific PAC for Trump's legal fees to which anyone can donate if they agree with you.

The RNC exists for a lot more reasons than just Trump's legal fees, including get out the vote efforts, election security, targeted assistance for some campaigns, etc..  Taking the money people chose to donate to the RNC for those other reasons, rather than choosing to donate directly to Trump himself, is sleazy and corrupt.  It's basically saying" yeah, we know you donated that money expecting it to go elsewhere, but we have now decided to send all your money to Trump."

Whether you are right about the importance of Trump's legal bills being paid is irrelevant. It should be up to the individual donors to choose where their money goes, and if they chose to donate to the RNC rather than Trump's own packs, that is their right.

Plus, there’s a GoFundMe page and he can even buy Trump sneakers if he wants to assist Trump with  his legal problems
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
She's right, you know.

The party has been hijacked by people so wedded to Trump worship that they'll agree to it. And those of us who don't have been marginalized and/or forced out. Just look at the primary results so far.

Of course this cult is going to support bailing out its figurehead.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
One was banned for trying to egg me into suicide, another disappeared after DeSantis dropped out.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

She's right, you know.

The party has been hijacked by people so wedded to Trump worship that they'll agree to it. And those of us who don't have been marginalized and/or forced out. Just look at the primary results so far.

Of course this cult is going to support bailing out its figurehead.

Trump is the GOP's version of William Jennings Bryan - a populist who managed to take temporary control over the party until he flamed out.

The same will happen with Trump.  Just a question of whether that will be in 2024, or 2028.  Whatever Bannon may think, MAGA will wither when Trump himself is done.

Offline libertybele

@deb

2: They are NOT bills that Trump created. They are bills the DNC created in an attempt to get him to either shut up and follow orders,or become bankrupt.

3:Trump is NOT spending that money. He is defending himself as well as defending democracy and individual freedoms from the terror of a political police state.

4: IF the DNC is allowed to get away with this,there will NOT EVER be another free election. The DNC will just nominate and crown anyone they want because to stand against them will mean PERSONAL FINANCIAL bankruptcy,and possibly  a prison sentence.

This ain't about Trump.

This is about maintaining open and free elections and fighting Communist (that's right,I  didn't stutter) totalitarianism.

Ok ... since you are just 'lurking', my only comment is I don't agree with any part of your commentary.