Author Topic: The Soros backlash: How the nation has turned against soft-on-crime prosecutors  (Read 170 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Soros backlash: How the nation has turned against soft-on-crime prosecutors
By Social Links forMatt Palumbo
Published Feb. 21, 2024, 2:24 p.m. ET

For $40 million — a rounding error for one of the wealthiest men in history — George Soros helped remake the nation’s legal system.

Supporting prosecutors who vowed not to prosecute, Soros and related entities pushed district attorneys who aimed to reshape law and order into anarchy and disorder.

It worked. At his peak influence, 75 Soros-backed prosecutors held office. As a result, one in five Americans, and half of those living in the nation’s most populous cities, were living in an area run by a Soros DA, or one who shared his ideology.

The damage they have done has been immeasurable. Shoplifting and drug use was decriminalized, repeat offenders were set free with no bail, and murders, robbery and rape increased in Baltimore, Chicago, San Francisco, New York and more.

But the worm has started to turn. Through a combination of corruption and voter backlash, a significant number of these district attorneys have been ousted.

There’s still a long way to go, but the message is clear: The Soros experiment has been a disaster for the nation.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/21/opinion/the-soros-backlash-how-the-nation-has-turned-against-soft-on-crime-prosecutors/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson