Author Topic: Prosecutor won't extradite suspect because New York goes easy on criminals  (Read 337 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Prosecutor won't extradite suspect because New York goes easy on criminals
'We're going to keep him here'
WND News Services   By WND News Services
Published February 22, 2024 at 11:08am

By Arjun Singh
Daily Caller News Foundation

The top prosecutor of Maricopa County in Arizona has refused to extradite a murder suspect to New York City to face charges there, citing concerns about the prosecutorial decisions of Democratic District Attorney Alvin Bragg of Manhattan.

Bragg has gained international attention for his indictment of former President Donald Trump, as well as for his prosecutorial policies, which include the non-prosecution of certain misdemeanors and seeking of lower charges for certain violent offenses. On Wednesday, Republican County Attorney Rachel Mitchell announced that her office would not honor an extradition request from New York City for a murder suspect due to Bragg’s policies.

“Having observed the treatment of violent criminals in the New York area by the Manhattan DA there, Alvin Bragg, I think it’s safer to keep him here and in custody so that he cannot be out doing this to individuals in our state or county or in the United States,” Mitchell told reporters. “This is not aimed [at] the New York Police Department at all. I know they did a hard job, they did a good job, but we will not be agreeing to extradition. I’ve instructed my extradition attorneys not to agree to that. We’re going to keep him here.”

https://www.wnd.com/2024/02/prosecutor-wont-extradite-suspect-new-york-goes-easy-criminals/
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 04:58:16 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Prosecutor won't extradite suspect because New York goes easy on criminals
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 05:16:34 pm »
Don't extradite suspects to Massachusetts either ... unless they are in desperate need of a hug and another chance to commit more crimes.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.