Author Topic: Chinese Immigrant Without U.S. Citizenship Is Sworn In To San Fran’s Election Commission  (Read 436 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chinese Immigrant Without U.S. Citizenship Is Sworn In To San Fran’s Election Commission

The flag of the People’s Republic of China flies in the wind in San Francisco, California on July 23, 2020. (Photo by PHILIP PACHECO/AFP via Getty Images)

OAN’s Brooke Mallory
6:18 PM – Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Despite not being a citizen of the United States, a Chinese immigrant was sworn in to serve on the San Francisco Election Commission, prompting some concerns regarding national security as one U.S. senator had previously cautioned that Chinese President Xi Jinping is playing the “long game.”

On February 14th, the San Francisco Board of Supervisors unanimously selected Kelly Wong, an immigrant rights activist who arrived in the U.S. from Hong Kong in 2019 to pursue doctoral studies.

After a ballot initiative to remove the citizenship barrier to serve on San Francisco boards was adopted by California voters in 2020, she is thought to be the first non-citizen to hold a commission position.

https://www.oann.com/newsroom/chinese-immigrant-without-u-s-citizenship-is-sworn-in-to-san-frans-election-commission/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson