Author Topic: New Thermal Weapons Sight Allows Attackers to "See" & "Follow" Rounds "In Flight"  (Read 131 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Thermal Weapons Sight Allows Attackers to "See" & "Follow" Rounds "In Flight"

Industry innovators are taking a new step forward with a unique weapon’s sights technology called ThermoSight HISS-HD
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONFEB 4, 2024
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

The US Army and Special Operations community have in recent years made quantum leaps in the area of sniper, rifle and machine gun range and targeting precision, by connecting thermal sights to night vision, increasing image fidelity and even integrating bullet technologies to improve flight trajectory and lethality. The Army has also worked on efforts to connect weapons sites wirelessly to soldier night vision guidance to enable soldiers to target, shoot and kill without needing to “shoulder” the weapon.

Now, some industry innovators are taking a new step forward with a unique weapon’s sights technology called ThermoSight HISS-HD engineered to massively improve precision, survivability, range and number of rounds on target using an unprecedented high-definition thermal processor which enables the shooter to actually “see” the heat signature of bullets in flight. Rounds viewed through the ThermoSight HISS-HD are not visible to the naked eye but generate a detectable signature through the sight.

“The sight is so sensitive, it allows you to see your bullet, so you can watch your bullets fly at the target. So This is particularly important for snipers and machine gunners who may not be immediately on target on these long-distances on their first shot. They can do quick corrections,” Zach Fuller, Senior Manager for Weapons Sights, Teledyne FLIR, told Warrior in an interview. “The cooled sensor gives you a much higher sensitivity. In fact, it's so sensitive You can see your bullet in flight en route to the target. You can watch the entire arc and watch your impacts.”

https://warriormaven.com/land/new-thermal-weapons-sight-allows-attackers-to-see-follow-rounds-in-flight
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson