Author Topic: Elon Musk Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize for Championing Free Speech  (Read 691 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by Mike LaChance Wednesday, February 21, 2024

“The multitude of tech companies Musk has founded, owns or runs, aimed at bettering societies, increasing knowledge of both earth and space, in addition to enabling communication and connectivity globally… has helped make the world a more connected and safer place”

Marius Nilsen, a libertarian political figure in Norway, has nominated Elon Musk for a Nobel Peace Prize for his work defending free speech. Musk has said that his commitment to free expression is what drove him to buy Twitter/X, so this seems like an appropriate choice.

Twitter/X has definitely become more free on Musk’s watch. He has brought back numerous users who were banned from the platform under the old regime.

The New York Post reports:

Billionaire Elon Musk — whose businesses range from satellites to social media — was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize by a Norwegian lawmaker who praised the X owner as a “stout proponent for free speech.”

Marius Nilsen, a Norwegian member of parliament who is a member of the libertarian Progress Party, said he put forward Musk’s name due to his “adamant defense of dialogue, free speech and [enabling] the possibility to express one’s views” in a “continuously more polarized world.”

Nilsen also praised Musk for providing Starlink satellite internet connectivity to Ukrainian soldiers who were in dire straits following the launch of the Russian invasion of their country two years ago.

“The multitude of tech companies Musk has founded, owns or runs, aimed at bettering societies, increasing knowledge of both earth and space, in addition to enabling communication and connectivity globally… has helped make the world a more connected and safer place,” Nilsen said.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee, which decides the winner of the award from a list of several hundred nominations ever year, accepts nominations from government officials as well as people in academia.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2024/02/elon-musk-nominated-for-nobel-peace-prize-for-championing-free-speech/

Offline Polly Ticks

Re: Elon Musk Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize for Championing Free Speech
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 02:08:17 pm »
He's definitely more deserving than Obama ever was.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 04:49:19 pm »
Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize for showing up to work.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 04:51:16 pm »
Like him or not, he's closest thing to a game changing visionary of our lifetimes.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 10:04:52 pm »
Mr. Musk is almost a modern-day version of Ayn Rand's Hank Rearden...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iHRJ4s9EtY

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2024, 10:50:36 pm »
He's definitely more deserving than Obama ever was.

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.