Author Topic: Blue States, Cities Using COVID Funds to Support Illegal Immigrants  (Read 367 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by Mary Chastain Wednesday, February 21, 2024

“This means the Biden Administration directly subsidized ‘undocumented’ immigration under the guise of COVID-19 pandemic relief.”

I’m not shocked that these blue states and cities have used the money specifically for COVID-19 to handle illegal immigrants.

You wanted to be a sanctuary state and city:

According to a Fox News Digital review of state and local programs, Democrat governors and mayors earmarked at least $517 million for the programs, which generally consisted of providing cash payments to individual illegal immigrants. The funding reviewed by Fox News Digital was drawn from the American Rescue Plan (ARP), the $1.9 trillion federal COVID-19 stimulus package President Biden signed into law in March 2021.

“This means the Biden Administration directly subsidized ‘undocumented’ immigration under the guise of COVID-19 pandemic relief,” a recent report from the Economic Policy Innovation Center stated, pointing to how federal ARP funds were diverted to illegal immigrants in Washington state.

Overall, in addition to Washington, Fox News Digital identified such a funding mechanism in Illinois and New Jersey, and the cities of Washington, D.C., Chicago, Denver and Boston. The jurisdictions, in particular, used funding from the ARP’s Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund, which was designed to help local governments recover from the pandemic.

We learned two weeks ago that Washington state used $340 million from the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund (SLFRF), which was created by the American Rescue Plan Act, to help illegal immigrants.

The illegal immigrants received $1,000 checks.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2024/02/blue-states-cities-using-covid-funds-to-support-illegal-immigrants/

Offline mountaineer

Re: Blue States, Cities Using COVID Funds to Support Illegal Immigrants
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 02:16:10 pm »
Democratic states earmarked over $500 million in COVID-19 aid to help illegal immigrants
By Misty Severi
February 21, 2024
Washington Examiner
Several Democratic states and cities have given more than $500 million of COVID-19 relief funds to illegal immigrants.

Most of the $517 million went to cash payments for immigrants in states including Washington, Illinois, and New Jersey and were drawn from the $1.9 trillion federal COVID-19 relief package, the American Rescue Plan, according to Fox News.

“This means the Biden Administration directly subsidized ‘undocumented’ immigration under the guise of COVID-19 pandemic relief,” according to a recent report from the Economic Policy Innovation Center on the funds in Washington state.

Washington state was the largest contributor and gave cash payments of $3,075 to more than 100,000 undocumented immigrants, according to a 2023 report from the Department of Social and Health Services. The state gave a total of $340 million in ARP funding to the immigrants. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 04:45:11 pm »
Clawback any, and all, unspent Covid funds now.  The Covid "emergency" is over.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 04:55:15 pm »
I still haven't seen the final price tag of this taxpayer funded slush fund.  When the smoke clears, I am guessing $8T.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 05:33:20 pm »
The Covid "emergency" is over.
Such as it was.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org